Author Topic: Wallet Merchant Protocol - Alternative for LZMA compression  (Read 1827 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Is calling 7z from the PHP script not an option?

Offline CalabiYau

Dear bitshares community
I would like to accept bitshares payments on our website which is implemented in PHP. I find the wallet merchant protocol very appealing and I went through this tutorial docs.bitshares.eu/integration/merchants/merchant-protocol.html.

My issue is, that LZMA compression is required in Step 2. There is no LZMA compression library for PHP and therefore the only option I see would be to pass the json to the client side and then use client-side java script to compress it, which is kind of a sub optimal hack.

Is LZMA compression mandatory? Is it possible to compress using e.g. rfc1951 ? Is anyone else using the wallet merchant protocol from PHP ? How did you overcome this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I know this dev and the project very well.
Some answer to this issue or a hint where to get this information would be highly appreciated.

Offline navis

• View Profile
Dear bitshares community
I would like to accept bitshares payments on our website which is implemented in PHP. I find the wallet merchant protocol very appealing and I went through this tutorial docs.bitshares.eu/integration/merchants/merchant-protocol.html.

My issue is, that LZMA compression is required in Step 2. There is no LZMA compression library for PHP and therefore the only option I see would be to pass the json to the client side and then use client-side java script to compress it, which is kind of a sub optimal hack.

Is LZMA compression mandatory? Is it possible to compress using e.g. rfc1951 ? Is anyone else using the wallet merchant protocol from PHP ? How did you overcome this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.