Author Topic: Help I'm new and stuck on the confusing instructions and how to receive  (Read 2884 times)

Offline francol

• View Profile
I think I know what has happened.
I must have created an online account as well as a client account.

I can log in to my local account - but I can't log into my online account.
I have my brainkey to my local account but not to my online one.
I can see that it recognises my account and gives me my member number - but unforutnately I can't acces it.
Is there any way I can get around this problem?

chryspano

Yikes - I need some help again.

I launched the bishares client - but couldn't find anything in my wallet even tho I had transferreed some bts into it.
Strangely enough I can't find the wallet I had set up - frank-pub.
I tried to restore but it won't restore that wallet still can't find any BTS - hwo do I change wallet modes again ?

What exactly happens when you try to restore your wallet? any error messages? I never had any issues restoring my wallet and I have zero experience on what is wrong but any error message and some more info might help others to help you.

Offline francol

• View Profile
Yikes - I need some help again.

I launched the bishares client - but couldn't find anything in my wallet even tho I had transferreed some bts into it.
Strangely enough I can't find the wallet I had set up - frank-pub.
I tried to restore but it won't restore that wallet still can't find any BTS - hwo do I change wallet modes again ?

Offline francol

• View Profile
thanks so much for your ehlp -it was the wallet mode I was using and I did remember the password

chryspano

Thanks very much for your help I managed to transfer successfully.

However when I tried to create the brainkeys, for the backup - the password I thouht I had set doesn't work.
Is there any way I can reset my password?

I find it somewhat weird,  can you unlock your wallet (upper right corner lock icon) with your password? if yes, this same password should work to get your brainkey too.

In your wallet settings you can find an option to change your password but you will need your current password to do that.

Also I think that you can restore your password by using your Brainkey(wich you don't have at this time) to restore your wallet.

Did you switch between wallet modes? lots of people that switched wallet modes had password "issues"

Offline francol

• View Profile
Thanks very much for your help I managed to transfer successfully.

However when I tried to create the brainkeys, for the backup - the password I thouht I had set doesn't work.
Is there any way I can reset my password?

chryspano

Hello,

I've just purchased a few BTS and then downloaded the bitshare wallet onto my MAC.
The installation talks about brain keys but I didn't see anything about that in the software.
I created an account - but now I'm not sure how to transfer my BTS from Poloniex to my wallet as I don't know what the receiving address is.

Thanks for your help.

Your account name is your receiving address, test with a small amount first.

Backup your wallet by clicking the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner and then click =>setting  =>Backup, from the dropdown menu choose to "Create a wallet backup" and also "Create a Brainkey backup", btw don't forget your Password!

Offline francol

• View Profile
Hello,

I've just purchased a few BTS and then downloaded the bitshare wallet onto my MAC.
The installation talks about brain keys but I didn't see anything about that in the software.
I created an account - but now I'm not sure how to transfer my BTS from Poloniex to my wallet as I don't know what the receiving address is.

Thanks for your help.