Author Topic: Very Complicated System - Not for General Users  (Read 3836 times)

Offline btswolf

I am another who can not login and am being rejected on my password , which is 100% correct. I registered here a few days ago and sent a small test deposit which went through ok.  I have spent an hour trying to get this login/password sorted with no luck.I wanted to make a deposit to my a/c. Is this issue due to a glitch in the system atm or what ?
please try the light wallet and give feedback
https://www.bitshares.community/wallets/

Offline san_angelo17

• View Profile
  • BitShares: a452017
I am another who can not login and am being rejected on my password , which is 100% correct. I registered here a few days ago and sent a small test deposit which went through ok.  I have spent an hour trying to get this login/password sorted with no luck.I wanted to make a deposit to my a/c. Is this issue due to a glitch in the system atm or what ?
My Sincere advice - if you had problems with Simple stuff. Its a definite NO. You can see from the thread that the expectation is quite tough. The trading UI is just as complicated and you can see from other forum threads. The lack of adequate support and ownership of resolving things is lacking.
SImple fact - When business is growing and new members outnumber the complaints....issues will be ignored.

Offline burrakook13

Offline francol

• View Profile
This is quite concerning - the fact that there are several people including myself who have been locked out of their accounts due to passwords problems.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
It's not that complicated, and common sense dictates that you should not send your life savings ahead of actually performing small transactions and testing backup procedures to ensure that your funds remain accessible.

It is complicated. Don't attack people for not understanding it all out once. That's another problem with our community. We have had years of using this system so we understand the structure, but someone new to crypto of coming from another coin is not going to get at first. 

We claim that  for pro trader and not average ppl but that isn't true. Pro traders are not going to tolerate a bad interface. There are to many other options out there.  I have been in Bitshares since AnglShares and this has been one of my pet peeves about the system.

I'm not saying the interface is easy to understand/intuitive for a beginner, I'm saying it's common sense to perhaps test data recovery before beginning to send large amounts of funds into a new bleeding-edge system .. it's the same with bitcoin, monero, bitshares, or anything else.

Being our own bank means taking some extra precautions, there is no one to go and ask for our funds back if we make a mistake.

Also, just to clarify, I wasn't attacking the OP. Straight to the point and a blunt opinion perhaps, but definitely not an attack, did not mean it that way at all.

Offline san_angelo17

• View Profile
It's not that complicated, and common sense dictates that you should not send your life savings ahead of actually performing small transactions and testing backup procedures to ensure that your funds remain accessible.

How can you argue when you see so many users post about 'Unable to access account as password not working'.  Seriously!!!!

Offline Pheonike

It is complicated. Don't attack people for not understanding it all out once. That's another problem with our community. We have had years of using this system so we understand the structure, but someone new to crypto of coming from another coin is not going to get at first. 

We claim that  for pro trader and not average ppl but that isn't true. Pro traders are not going to tolerate a bad interface. There are to many other options out there.  I have been in Bitshares since AnglShares and this has been one of my pet peeves about the system.

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
Yes it is.

The community must acknowledge it and fix the design to make Bitshares friendlier. That is how Bitshares is going to grow.

Maybe upon familiarity it is actually easier than it seems to be at first, but beginners definitely have MANY, MANY hurdles to overcome before becoming comfortable with Bitshares.

Denying this situation will only turn away many people who might otherwise be enthusiastically adopting Bitshares.

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
I agree.  Friendliness and familiarity for new users are very important in order to get the Bitshares ecosystem to prosper.

These are arguably far more important than shiny, new features.

Offline san_angelo17

• View Profile
Dear Team,

I want to confess that this is the most complicated and convoluted system especially using the Web-browser mode. Https: //Bitshares.openledger.info.

I created an Account and transferred Ether in order to be able to acquire BTS. Transfer was successful and I can even see the Ether on the block chain. Then came the confusion of Switching to the Wallet Model vs Account Model , Backup wallets etc.

Next thing I know my account is not accessible with my password and there goes my Ether & interest in Bitshares & Openledger.
For the record I have tried to recover things with Fluxer555 - one of the members on the User community but without success.

Seriously - you guys need a better designed system if you are to get mass adoption. Take this as general feedback with an intention purely to let you know user sentiment - because the unfortunate part is that users then need to shell out money to recover the funds.

Regards,
san_angelo17