Author Topic: Nooby struggling, need guidance.  (Read 1745 times)

chryspano

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
If you're using OpenLedger and want to trade BTC for BTS, you need to go to the market for that pair: https://bitshares.openledger.info/market/BTS_OPEN.BTC

To buy BTS there, fill in the green buy order section with the desired amounts for your order and click buy.  The bottom line is the currency you want to pay the transaction fee in, so be sure to select BTC since you don't have any BTS yet.

Offline jigarooni

I'm now two days into crypto research and I hastily purchased 100USD worth of BTC and sent it to my bitshare wallet through openledger (wish I just used blocktrade)

I have a balance in the top right that fluctuates from 410 to 440 BTS and I'm pretty sure it is fluctuation because I don't acually own any bitshares and it is just showing me what my balance would be if I converted my BTC in my wallet into bitshares. If this is correct it would mean that I have yet to purchase any bitshares and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. Furthermore I can't withdraw my BTC back into my wallet as it says I have insufficient funds and the exchange also displays insufficient funds.

Someone please help me with my headache as I haven't been able to find any information online to clarify this, as I'm most probably making a very low level mistake.