Author Topic: I need help with a sell order failing to execute as expected.  (Read 1793 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
"dust" is what remains when an order in the book is *almost* filled, except for a couple of satoshis. The remaining satoshis will later be matched with a new incoming market order.

Such a match occurred today (July 1st) at 20:56:24 UTC for example. 0.00000003 BTC were sold for .0001 USD, which means the trade occurred at 3333 USD/BTC. .0001 USD is the smallest possible USD amount, so it would be impossible to match the 0.00000003 BTC in a different way.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Bear

• View Profile
Hi there

I've Googled "dust trade" but there doesn't appear to be any helpful information.

Could you please elaborate?

I'm looking at the BTC/bitusd chart again from this afternoon (on a 6 hour timeframe with 5 min candlesticks).

There has seemingly been another 4 spikes today when the price tops $3200 and then plunges back down. As to volume I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

There's a spike in volume (at 12pm today) with the first price spike. Then smaller volume with each subsequent spike.

Could you please have a look at this chart and let me know what is going on.

Best regards

Bear

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
If you look at the volume of that price spike you'll probably find that it was a "dust" trade.

Because coins are not infinitely divisible, rounding errors in trading are unavoidable. The UI displays trades with their actual trade price (i. e. bought/sold), not with the nominal price of the orders from which the trade resulted. This is a known issue.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Bear

• View Profile
Hi Everybody

I'm somewhat new to Bitshares. I'm just starting to get a feel for the exchange. Deposited some BTC and bought my first few shares of BTS.

However I want to get clever and start to trade. So I placed a sell order in BTC/bitUSD market.

Here are the details

price = 3,200.00000
BTC = 0.01000000
Bitusd = 32.0000

I've just checked and there was a recent rapid price spike (the price got above 3200). Thus I thought the order would get matched into the market.  Alas this does not appear to be the case.

Does anyone have any explanation as to why not?

Best Regards

Bear