Author Topic: to GOLD/SILVER/BTC holders  (Read 3662 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
So, what does this mean for bitGold? How do we know when it recovers and it is safe to trade/short it again?

it won't recover from black swan until BSIP 18 is ready

Offline yvv

• View Profile
So, what does this mean for bitGold? How do we know when it recovers and it is safe to trade/short it again?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Seems to be not that horrible loss. BTS price swings were much bigger than this lately.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
GOLD had black swan happend,
GOLD holders, you have big lost.
you have chance to  buy BTS at price .000086735 GOLD/BTS before the black swan happend.
but now, you can only but at price .000095150 GOLD/BTS

Code: [Select]
name balance(GOLD)
spde6g59 26.04
cylonmaker2053 19.94
inarizushi 10.00
wildman-capital 6.00
finpunk 4.63
grack777 2.35
x177 2.25
anonymous 1.50
takaya8 1.43
a100000 1.33

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
A black swan would be a death blow to Bitshares... even if the market recovers. Just like it was to Nubits.

strange how bitshares is still alive even after bitrub black swan some years ago.

black swan only implies a dead and illiquid market, not the worst thing to shut them down for the time being, if you ask me.

Nobody cares about bitRUR though.

If it happened in bitUSD (and correct me if I'm wrong, not sure if this still applies to bitshares 2.0, but it could happen if the BTS price freefalls by >60% in a short amount of time) it would be a completely different story then.

I guess i'm just surprised this is not discussed more often, it's a real (small) risk, but it's there.

because the risk of your everyday fiat going down in flames is real too (but more likely), and no one talks about it either. even if bitUSD would blackswan, coverage would be slim, in my opinion. normal mortals do not understand the economics

Offline karnal

• View Profile
A black swan would be a death blow to Bitshares... even if the market recovers. Just like it was to Nubits.

strange how bitshares is still alive even after bitrub black swan some years ago.

black swan only implies a dead and illiquid market, not the worst thing to shut them down for the time being, if you ask me.

Nobody cares about bitRUR though.

If it happened in bitUSD (and correct me if I'm wrong, not sure if this still applies to bitshares 2.0, but it could happen if the BTS price freefalls by >60% in a short amount of time) it would be a completely different story then.

I guess i'm just surprised this is not discussed more often, it's a real (small) risk, but it's there.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

A black swan in an obscure market that hardly anyone used (bitRUB) would be very different from a black swan in a smartcoin that is more used.

And nowadays there are more eyes and ears on Bitshares. This is my first time to even hear about bitRUB, but if Bitshares had a black swan I am sure it would be all over the crypto news sites. It would be very bad for the price...

https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I saw big margin call had happen on these three market,
but the share holders seems refuse to take the 10% profit help others quit short position.

you need to know when the price continue drop, black swan will happen in these SILVER,
then these SILVER you hold will lose the value it can be.

sell your SILVER, take the 10% profit, this is what you should do, or your SILVER will not worth 1 real SILVER after the blackswan

This always struck me as a major weakness in Bitshares.

How to explain to people that their sure-thing bitUSD could one day be forcibly converted to by-then-much-less-valuable BTS ?
This is not information that average joe realizes, and if/when it happens, it's going to dramatically reduce trust in Bitshares as an own-bank platform.

Thoughts?

This weakness is not specific to bitshares. Yes, there is a possibility of global settlement. It's probability is pretty low, that is why it is called a "black swan". The risk is higher with less liquid assets. If average joe wants to invest into some asset, he should understand the risks he exposes himself to. This is true for any kinds of assets.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
but the share holders seems refuse to take the 10% profit help others quit short position.

you need to know when the price continue drop, black swan will happen in these SILVER,

sell your SILVER, take the 10% profit, this is what you should do, or your SILVER will not worth 1 real SILVER after the blackswan

This always struck me as a major weakness in Bitshares.

How to explain to people that their sure-thing bitUSD could one day be forcibly converted to by-then-much-less-valuable BTS ?
This is not information that average joe realizes, and if/when it happens, it's going to dramatically reduce trust in Bitshares as an own-bank platform.

Thoughts?

Offline mostar

• View Profile

How one can find that there was margin call?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi