Author Topic: cryptic withdrawal error message  (Read 1263 times)

Offline StevenK11

Doing my best to get around in Bitshares light client installed on Windows.    Difficult.

Tried for a long time to get my LTC assets out of Bitshares to my own personal LTC wallet.  When I tried to withdrawal the funds, I would get this cryptic error message about "Failed to Broadcast Transaction", following by tons of jibberish talking about crypto-digest, followed by more jibberish about expiration, options, fee, memo, signatures, numbers, letters, numbers, letters, etc....

Deduced finally that I didn't have enough balance left behind to cover the transaction send fee. I kept lowering the amount to send out until it went.

Could Bitshares simply put a message up that said:   "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS TO COVER THE TRANSACTION FEE" ???
Maybe offer a lower quantity of assets automatically so that it would cover the cost of the transaction and allow the withdrawal to proceed?

As a new user, that just wanted to get the heck out, it created a certain level of panic when I could not get my funds out of Bitshares; after only using the product for a short time.   Why so short of time using Bitshares?  Because I was shocked to find out that only a handful of trades occurred in a whole day for Litecoin on the bitshares exchange.  It was like nobody was around to buy or sell.  Again, new user here and just didn't feel comfortable at all with this setup.