Author Topic: bittrex-deposits  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Pheonike

Because open.steem is an iou.  Your open.steem goes to open ledgers wallet. The then release the real steem from their steem wallet and send it to the address you specified with the memo you specifield.  Just like centralised exchanges except they don't  tell you that you trading iou on their systems.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:28:12 am by Pheonike »

Offline bluswan555

Thanks, but do you know why the Bitshares client would sent to "openLedger" even though I put Bittrex into the Address field?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
better contact the gateway. support@openledger.info

Offline bluswan555

Yes, I put the correct tag/memo in the correct field.
TRANSFER   
bit-shares-wealth sent 25,000.218 STEEM toAddress: bittrex-deposit
Memo: 4447fdda23f54f3694b

4 days ago

On my second transaction (which still hasn't arrived) Bittrex says it went to "openledger-wallet" and they have no control... But I purposely put "bittrex" in the address field... Why would it then switch to "openledger" and they did not receive?
TRANSFER   
bit-shares-wealth sent 25,000.1 STEEM to openledger-wallet
steem:Address: bittrex  Memo: 4447fdda23f54f3694b
2 days ago

Thank you for your help!!

Seems like under the withdrawel function for STEEM, if I put Bittrex in address field and my memo/tag in the memo field, my Bittrex wallet should receive, no? But not...

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I sent to "bittrex-wallet" instead of "bittrex" because the client gave me an error for using "bittrex" - so did I send 25k Steem to someones personal account titled "bittrex-deposit" or?

Also, I just sent another 25k Steem under "withdrawel" function to my "bittrex" account and now it has just sit under "openledger-wallet" for over an hour.

Any thoughts or instructions?

Big thanks,
Michael

You seem to be very confused. You did not send to "bittrex-wallet", you sent to "bittrex-deposit", which is actually the wallet owned by bittrex, however like I said, you can't send OpenLedger IOUs directly to it.

What was the address you put in here?

if you entered "bittrex-deposit", did you put the correct memo as supplied by Bittrex?

Offline bluswan555

I sent to "bittrex-wallet" instead of "bittrex" because the client gave me an error for using "bittrex" - so did I send 25k Steem to someones personal account titled "bittrex-deposit" or?

Also, I just sent another 25k Steem under "withdrawel" function to my "bittrex" account and now it has just sit under "openledger-wallet" for over an hour.

Any thoughts or instructions?

Big thanks,
Michael

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
The STEEM in your Bitshares account is actually OPEN.STEEM, which is an IOU issued by OpenLedger. You cannot send OPEN.STEEM directly to Bittrex. You need to follow the withdrawal procedure given by OpenLedger.

Here is the transaction:
http://cryptofresh.com/tx/bd07a252b846e4c00f5439c568d8dbda057e68cd

Your money is not lost, Bittrex has your funds. Open a ticket with them and they will be able to help you, however this may take a very long time.

Offline bluswan555

I was trying to send 25k worth of Steem to my Bittrex account and when I put in the address: bittrex  the client gave me an erro and said that this was an incorrect addres and prompted me to use address: bittrex-deposits  , which I proceeded to use thinking this was a recent update or something... Well, now I think I just sent 25K Steem to a Bitshares user with the user name "bittrex-deposits"
Can you confirm this for me please?
Also, why would the client prompt me to use this address?
Here is where I sent the funds (my Bittrex acct did not receive):
bittrex-deposit
Memo: 4447fdda23f54f3694b

Please help.

Thank you,
Michael
bit-shares-wealth

Screen shot of Bitshares client prompting me to use "bittrex-deposits" - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctoagel852kcgq2/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-22%20at%207.49.00%20PM.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 05:53:52 pm by bluswan555 »