Author Topic: Morning of sorrow  (Read 2485 times)

Offline ALAN---

• btsx: bocai
    • View Profile
You are not the first to make such mistake, and 800$ is not that much. I know someone lost over 200K USD because of wrong address.  Usually I check both the ID and ID number to make sure the recipient is right.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline tonighthardy

• View Profile
That is not just sorrow thing, but tragedy if that happened to me..

Offline yvv

• View Profile
You are not the first to make such mistake, and 800$ is not that much. I know someone lost over 200K USD because of wrong address.  Usually I check both the ID and ID number to make sure the recipient is right.

Lol man, you made me feel much better :)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Oh yes, of course contacts would help. Thanks for the link tip too.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
not sure how you tried to send, but you can easily favorite direct send links via webwallet.

eg. https://openledger.io/transfer/?to=bittrex-deposit

just add the ones you use on common base to a bookmark addon in your browser, until we get a contact function in client.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Today I send $800 worth of bitAssets to a wrong address with similar name with my own account. Ouch! I had a "Send" form opened with the wrong address typed in and I sent two transactions in a row. How stupid is this! I send a message with request to kindly return my funds back, but I doubt that this will happen, because the receiver account was inactive since it was created 8 month ago. I know that there is nobody to blame here except myself, but I also know that this mistake is not very uncommon, since people report something like this from time to time. I wonder if something can be done to reduce a chance of this kind of mistakes on DEX. In regular payment system you contact a support and they halt a transaction. On DEX, there is nobody to contact, but could something like conditional payment take care of the problem? Suppose, two accounts communicate with each other through a smart contract. First account sends a payment request, second account replies with payment, then first account sends back payment confirmation, then second account verifies that confirmation came from the same account where funds were intended to be sent, and then the payment becomes final, otherwise funds are returned to originator. Is something like this possible to make on blockchain?