Author Topic: Build a dApp on top of Bitshares without altering the Bitshares protocol?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline moinyoin

Bitsquare is example of a dapp on bitcoin

you don't actually need smart contracts for most things. most things can be done outside of those, but people are lazy to figure it out so they create super expensive dapps that charges enormous amount to do basic math.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I am looking for a home for a dApp I will be developing shortly, and had an idea recently that it may be possible to create a dApp in Bitshares without any changes to the Bitshares protocol.

I am looking for feedback:

- Create an alternative GUI for Bitshares specifically for the decentralized application
- The decentralized application logic will be stored client-side. Everyone will have a copy, and know what the rules are.
- Issue a PARENT asset representing ownership in the application
- Issue CHILD assets of the above PARENT asset representing the game cards
- Leverage dynamic account permissions to autonomously change the PARENT account permissions proportionately to CHILD asset owners.
- Consensus will be reached by majority rules. Someone would need to obtain 51%+ of the active (online & participating in the governance) asset supply to do an attack.
- The rules of the dApp will be enforceable by majority rules autonomous asset seizing.
- Allow users to choose a proxy so they do not need to maintain an online client to secure the decentralized app.
- The accounts that remain online and active in the governance of the dApp (involved with proposing and voting for different actions or transactions via the dynamic permissions) earn proportionally:
+ the market fees associated with the trading of game assets
+ a percentage of all fees that any referrals generate (the dApp account would be a Lifetime member)
+ gameplay-related transactions (RNG crypto proofs, etc.)

The idea is pretty simple really... what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:50:15 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game