Author Topic: Changing Account Password  (Read 1953 times)

Offline ParadoximA

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bob-bot
I Assume you're talking about the private keys.

Your password in combination with your account name is used straightaway to generate your private keys. So you won't be changing your password (in settings, that one is on the left, under accounts)

These keys are used to let you log in from any computer and also for sending encrypted messaging

Thanks fx4all. So I can use my account name and any private key I've generated, to login to my account with any browser, and I can also use my account name and password to do the same thing? If so, is it possible to remove the original password that was used when creating the account?

I've tried to use the "Add password generated keys" option to create new keys. When I click "Publish Changes", it asks me to confirm the transaction,  and when I click confirm, it says "Failed to broadcast the transaction", regardless of what combination of new active/owner/memo keys are selected to be used. I do have enough BTS for the fee. I'd paste the error message, but it seems to contain my old and new keys...

Offline fx4all

• View Profile
  • BitShares: FX4ALL
I Assume you're talking about the private keys.

Your password in combination with your account name is used straightaway to generate your private keys. So you won't be changing your password (in settings, that one is on the left, under accounts)

These keys are used to let you log in from any computer and also for sending encrypted messaging

Offline ParadoximA

• View Profile
  • BitShares: bob-bot
Is it possible to change the account password?

Under settings -> account model, there is the option to "add password generated keys". Does that change the account password? Or add more passwords? Will the old password be removed? Where are the active key, owner key and memo keys used? Are any of these the account password?

I'm lost with this system and don't know where else to find help. I usually don't mind clicking everything to see what it does, but in this case I'm afraid of losing access to my account.