Author Topic: I want to start a currency on the bitshares platform.  (Read 1837 times)

Offline moinyoin

You can use bitshares directly as that currency. There are ways already to request payment in BTS mentioned on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1949828.0

You can also make tokens on top of it http://i.imgur.com/3pBmAab.jpg

or use existing like bitUSD, but if you make a new one, you may have liquidity issues for trading those to something people can use.

Offline hiddencash

I'm a complete novice when it comes to the inter workings of cryptocurrency development.

But I'm hoping that bringing my vision here will shed light on how to accomplish my goal.

I have the vision just not the road map on how to get there.

So here we go:

I want to build a cryptocurrency or smartcoin that is an asset that can be traded for goods.

Lets say I'm building a coin just for my town and I want everyone to use the coin at our local businesses.

Ideally I also need a way that online carts and payment processors can exchange the currency for goods.

Ex: You go into a store with your cryptowallet and exchange from your wallet to the stores seamlessly.

I believe this can be done with bitshares because of its fast transaction speed.

That my idea in a nutshell.

Is this plausible?

I'd appreciate any insight from fellow members

What do you need? Technical support? Or financial support?

Offline Teddyg1989

• View Profile
I'm a complete novice when it comes to the inter workings of cryptocurrency development.

But I'm hoping that bringing my vision here will shed light on how to accomplish my goal.

I have the vision just not the road map on how to get there.

So here we go:

I want to build a cryptocurrency or smartcoin that is an asset that can be traded for goods.

Lets say I'm building a coin just for my town and I want everyone to use the coin at our local businesses.

Ideally I also need a way that online carts and payment processors can exchange the currency for goods.

Ex: You go into a store with your cryptowallet and exchange from your wallet to the stores seamlessly.

I believe this can be done with bitshares because of its fast transaction speed.

That my idea in a nutshell.

Is this plausible?

I'd appreciate any insight from fellow members