Author Topic: EOS Token Questions  (Read 2505 times)

Offline MisO69

• View Profile
As I understand it the erc20 EOS  tokens at some point will be tradable for the real EOS tokens in the future. These tokens may or may not be usable within the dapps built on EOS. Why didn't they just create an EOS token on BitShares and sell that? Isn't that a main feature of BitShares?

I read somewhere that it was done because Dan wanted to attract people already using a smart contract platform. It only makes sense to do it on Eth when you think of it that way. I'm sure that most eth users have never even installed a bitshares wallet.

Offline lakerta06

Here is a question:
Do I have to claim my tokens? Or will the unclaimed tokens on my ETH adress be counted?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why didn't they just create an EOS token on BitShares and sell that? Isn't that a main feature of BitShares?

I suppose they did it on ETH because recent ICOs on ETH have yielded insane amounts of money. I doubt an ICO on BTS could have matched that.
I have to agree .. and even if it did .. the creators would have ended up with too much control over the network

I also highly doubt that smart bts holders would have given away their precious BTS in a crowdsale as easily as ETH people are doing it

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Why didn't they just create an EOS token on BitShares and sell that? Isn't that a main feature of BitShares?

I suppose they did it on ETH because recent ICOs on ETH have yielded insane amounts of money. I doubt an ICO on BTS could have matched that.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline spider-crab

As I understand it the erc20 EOS  tokens at some point will be tradable for the real EOS tokens in the future. These tokens may or may not be usable within the dapps built on EOS. Why didn't they just create an EOS token on BitShares and sell that? Isn't that a main feature of BitShares?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:59:53 am by spider-crab »