Author Topic: How would Trezor work with Bitshares?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
When you say 80% of the hardware code is done already, what do you mean? because bitshares shares the same wif private key format as bitcoin or because of what got built at that Prague hackathon?
Back in Prague, we managed to build all the trezor backend code to successfully sign a transaction with a transfer operation for steem. Since Steem and BitShares use the same underlying technology, adding transfers from bitshares is .. like .. done. What's missing is a frontend, a team to build it and funding.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
That's the big question .. someone can certainly make a distinct page for bitshares/trezor integration .. but ideally, we would be integrated into trezor.io for sure.
I haven't heard back from satoshi labs for a while .. not sure they are interested in this.
If anyone can get a hold on them and convinces them that they could profit from it too .. let me know .. 80% of the hardware code is done already

When you say 80% of the hardware code is done already, what do you mean? because bitshares shares the same wif private key format as bitcoin or because of what got built at that Prague hackathon?

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
That's the big question .. someone can certainly make a distinct page for bitshares/trezor integration .. but ideally, we would be integrated into trezor.io for sure.
I haven't heard back from satoshi labs for a while .. not sure they are interested in this.
If anyone can get a hold on them and convinces them that they could profit from it too .. let me know .. 80% of the hardware code is done already

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
There's been much talk of Trezor integration in the past and it's certainly possible.

But how would it work? Would it work natively with the trezor.io website as shown in the image below or would it work natively with the webwallet/lightwallet to protect your private key/s ?

Might get complex because of multiple private keys and many tokens

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares