Author Topic: BEWARE what advice you take on this forum  (Read 6466 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
This has been resolved. No further issues and Muse is a solid platform.

So how did you get it resolved? I'm in the same boat you were in but don't see that anything has changed.

Yes, I would to know the resolution to the problem as well because my account shows the same error

I also want to know how you got your tokens back later
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline ubits

• View Profile

So how did you get it resolved? I'm in the same boat you were in but don't see that anything has changed.

Yes, I would to know the resolution to the problem as well because my account shows the same error

Offline bitshares101

Offline wdfh

• View Profile

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
So who do we contact?

Obviously I am not the only one this has affected and it seems like that wallet and this forum have been pretty much ditched for the new wallet and steemit, respectively. This is very disappointing,

Offline ationyan

• View Profile
I have the same problem, I do not know how to solve

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
So BEWARE the advice you read and take here with your investments.

That is a generally useful advice.

In the specific case however, AFAICS everyone involved acted to the best of their knowledge *at the given time*.
It was unclear whether OL would support the new MUSE chain, so the best way to go was to withdraw the tokens from OL.
If you have a backup and password of your online wallet, then you still have the keys to access your funds. It's only a matter of extracting them. Perhaps someone in the "Technical Support" forum can help you.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
Hi All,

I have been a fairly long time bag holder of various crypto coins/tokens and wanted to make people aware of a recent situation which I found myself in, by taking advice from a moderator on this forum.

I will dot point the situation for sake of brevity.

- Some time ago I purchased some MUSE tokens, approximately 10,000 in total
- These tokens were not a significant investment, however I did trade some BTS for them as I liked the concept
- My tokens where sitting on OpenLedger where I wanted them to be
- Cob sent out a post advising any Muse investors to get their tokens off any exchange, including OL by a certain date
- The date mentioned was for a "snapshot" where the token block chain would fork.
- Any coins left on any exchange, including OL would be lost after the snapshot
- I contacted Ronny Boesing to question this as I was reluctant to move my tokens off OL
- Ronny confirmed that this did indeed seem to be the case, but would be contacting the Devs at Muse
- I took the advice and moved my tokens from OL to wallet.muse.help for the "snapshot" as it was the OFFICIAL online wallet
- I have gone back to this wallet after the snapshot
- I can log in, but cannot see my balance. The wallet says BLOCKCHAIN IS OUT OF SYNC, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL IT'S SYNCHRONIZED.
- I cannot click the key icon to view my private key as per the tutorial for the "new online wallet"
- Cob has handballed the problem to someone else
- Someone else is telling me that the old wallet is bugged, so it seems I am at a loss.

and... OpenLedger has AWARDED ANY MUSE TOKEN HOLDER WHO STILL HAS OLD TOKENS ON THEIR WALLET THE NEW ONES!

If I had not listened to Cob and done nothing I would still have my tokens. As you can imagine I am not happy.

So BEWARE the advice you read and take here with your investments.