Author Topic: reserve pool for EOS?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There is still months to go in the EOS token distribution ... and since bitshares cannot technically "invest" there directly, it would need to go through an escrow.
Now you need to find one .. and later on .. the question is raised what that escrow is supposed to do with those EOS.
These details need to be thought through before investing ...

Also, I currently don't see it makes a lot of sense for BitShares to "buy into" EOS. It certainly makes no sense to move BitShares into EOS. At most it makes sense to integrate their improvemnts into BitShares ... but those, we get for free.

The only reason to get into EOS at this point is speculation, and I don't think it is a good idea for the business to do so. I'd rather use the funds to develop and improve what we have than buy into EOS.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I remember at some point a discussion about an amount from the reserve pool to be used to buy EOS so bitshares shareholders can have a stake when EOS is launched. What happened to this? Personally I think EOS now is at discount now so maybe a good opportunity to do this if we do wish so.

thoughts?