Author Topic: Difficult questions  (Read 2992 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
you're here since 2015, you should know the next steps for the decentralized exchange.

Yeah, and getting BTS delisted from centralized exchanges isn't it.

Anyway, without confidential transactions I really don't see this taking off, at least with BTC people have the vague false perception that the whole world can't track their financial activity (slowly realizing this is not so, http://shouldhaveusedmonero.xyz/), with Bitshares there is no such illusion with the named accounts.

It's a shame really, with Smartcoins and some actual privacy, we could have easily been the USDT of the interwebz, add more fiat gateways to the equation and we could have been the people's bank, but even average joe is smart enough to stay away if his full financial history is available for everyone to snatch.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
you're here since 2015, you should know the next steps for the decentralized exchange.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Well, let's see what happens next Friday..

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Then we are left with the Chinese exchanges - what then?

Uhhh....what Chinese exchanges? Other than BTC38, they're gone too.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
what then?

Then may be people will start using the DEX for what it is meant to be used: trading crypto coins on it, instead of trading them on centralized exchanges.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I would say relax and enjoy cheap prices but this is just me.. ;)

Even if that happens we have OL which is regulated in Danmark, which will have mastercard for instant conversion between bitassets ato fiat. If all the US and Chinese exchanges delist bts, most probably people believing in bts will transfer within the DEX. I am sure that in time a lot of others will see the opportunity that OL sees and will adapt accordingly..

However what is missing is the merchant adoption of bitassets and I think our marketing should concentrate there. We need a marketing worker proposal for merchant adoption asap. Everything else will be resolved by itself..

All in all, no problem. Just short term dumps so enjoy while it lasts..

Offline karnal

• View Profile
BTS is trading on centralized exchanges essentially in the US and China, two countries that appear to have started to resolutely use the coercive power of the state to assert their control.

Poloniex is also in the USA, if the SEC was indeed the reason that Bittrex is delisting BTS for, then it stands to reason that BTS being delisted from Poloniex will soon follow.

Then we are left with the Chinese exchanges - what then?