Author Topic: Exchange GUI workup/suggestions  (Read 1125 times)

Xeldal

I've put together the following very rough paint edit of the existing exchange GUI with edits that I believe would improve the UX. 
Forgive me I am not an artist. : )

1) Remove the back and forward buttons.  (I can't remember why they are there)

2) Currently in the lightwallet and bishares webwallet the tabs "MY MARKETS"  and "FIND MARKETS" do exactly the same thing.  They are not needed.   The filter allows to filter the base currency.  while the tabs allow you to change the quote currency.  I suggest adding one last tab that the user can enter text into that acts as a filter for the quote currency. or a " + " that would allow the user to define their own tabs.

3) above the filter notice there are 3 predefined filters and a " + "  that would allow the user to create there own predefined filters.  The ones shown above are { filter: OPEN,  label: OPENLEDGER } and { filter: RUDEX, label: RUDEX }  and { filter: <blank>, label: ALL }  All these do is make a quick button to sort by exchange or however you want to define them.

4) Add toggling buttons in the top right below the user account name.  These will toggle on and off the Market list, the orderbooks, the users open orders, the market depth graph, and the market history.  If all the buttons were turned off, you'd have just the graph in full glory.

5) For the Buy/Sell boxes I'm suggesting condensing them into a single box (it used to be this way a long time ago)  and placing it, when opened, above the market list.  This saves a lot of space.  It's really unnecessary to repeat all that info for buy and then again for sell.

6) When the Market Depth button is pressed it should open underneath the chart, not to replace the chart.

7) When the My Orders button is pressed it opens under the chart with full width instead of half width like it is now.

8 ) When the Market History button is pressed it opens fully vertical from top to bottom under the account header and to the left of market list.  right next to the graph (not shown in picture)  With everything open the graph gets scrunched a bit but still usable and it's user controlled what is open. 

9 ) unrelated to this pic.  I think the BIT should be removed from bitUSD and bitCNY etc. Someone looking for BITUSD on the blockchain will not find it.   This would be consistent with showing all the other assets as they are on the network. as in OPEN.BTC instead of just BTC.  (this was a recent change in GUI) Removing the BIT prefix could cause some confusion so I'm suggesting instead put the bitshares "b" either in front of or behind USD, CNY, JPY etc. as in   "b"USD or USD"b"  so it would be read bitshares USD or USD bitshares.  Similar to how people talk about Tether USD or USD Tether. (USDT) 

10) I'd also like to suggest changing that ugly contrasting orange and green of the orderbook and buy and sell boxs.  Just use the regular red and green to match the chart. 

These are just my unrefined suggestions/thoughts.  I don't have the artistic skills nor reactJS skills to make it look good or implement them myself.  Hoping someone that does will pick it up.  Any feedback/criticism is welcome. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:59:52 pm by Xeldal »