Author Topic: The biggest problem with Bitshares is not the delisting it from the Bittrex  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Methodise

OP might be referring to the lack of bitXMR / bitLTC.

I've been complaining about the lack of bitETH for a while. There is a market for these markets, esp. because bitAssets must be classed as derivatives for tax purposes.
BTS: methodise

Offline tehdos

A gateway would need to be created by the dev team of a project. It could net them some of the fees and it could provide a verifiable means of transferring between two assets.

Other than that, Some person, company, or even you could make a verifiable, secure gateway to provide the very features you request. You're gateaway would net fees I think and, if done right, supplement the DEX with additional assets/tokens or whatever you want to call them.

Thinking of the DEX as a framework will help you understand the means of which a coin would be listed on the BitShares exchange.

I do indeed wish you to see your asset of choice -- I think sometime some company will have lots of different , secure and valid projects to the DEX. Only time will tell as it is up to the users and developers in the system.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Honestly, adding a new coin should be as easy as creating new wallet, or, at least, it should be accessible to anyone, thus eliminating centralized nature of someone in dev team deciding what will be trading and what not. This way the BTS will rock! Otherwise - I am not sure what devs are trying to accomplish.

The dev team does not decide what will be traded and what not.

You need to understand the difference between gateway providers (like OpenLedger) and BitShares (the blockchain). OpenLedger is a privately owned company who naturally decides for themselves which coins they support as OPEN.x assets.

BitShares only provides the infrastructure, but that infrastructure can be used by anyone - for example the Monero devs (or an independent Monero enthusiast) could build their own gateway for moving Monero to/from the BitShares DEX.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline mytniy

• View Profile
It is the lack of listed coins: even independent currencies, like Monero or Litecoin isn’t there! This is the sole reason I personally cannot migrate from centralized exchanges to Bitshares.

Honestly, adding a new coin should be as easy as creating new wallet, or, at least, it should be accessible to anyone, thus eliminating centralized nature of someone in dev team deciding what will be trading and what not. This way the BTS will rock! Otherwise - I am not sure what devs are trying to accomplish.