Author Topic: Latest Market Making / Liquidity Bots for BitShares  (Read 2984 times)

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
btsbots still works afaik. I think one of the biggest barriers to liquidity is the low supply of BitUSD and BitCNY meaning they often trades at a premium. We should think about creating a base supply  (a net long BTS position) of BitUSD and BitCNY with a worker proposal.
Bump BTS price then there will be adequate supply of bitCNY and bitUSD etc. This is how whales can contribute to the system. If using the reserve fund to create the supply, it will get margin called eventually no-doubt.

I agree. We can have LIQUIDITY with low BTS price, but not DEPTH. Whales need to hold a higher BTS price to support more SmartCoins, because so much collateral is needed (and a good thing until system is more mature).

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
btsbots still works afaik. I think one of the biggest barriers to liquidity is the low supply of BitUSD and BitCNY meaning they often trades at a premium. We should think about creating a base supply  (a net long BTS position) of BitUSD and BitCNY with a worker proposal.
Bump BTS price then there will be adequate supply of bitCNY and bitUSD etc. This is how whales can contribute to the system. If using the reserve fund to create the supply, it will get margin called eventually no-doubt.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

This is interesting but I'm not really sure how it would help (besides increasing supply), unless the worker proposal also somehow ensured that these "base supplies" are part of a liquidity strategy, such as an automated "official" liquidity bot at 5% off market or something (so a big "low" buy support wall in a safe enough distance as to guarantee profit for the BTS ecosystem).

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
What are the most popular bots for BitShares right now?

Anyone know what the most liquid market makers are using at the moment?

I have a feeling it is custom, as the popular bots (btsbots, stakemachine) are out of date, depreciated, etc.

Anyone heard differently?