Author Topic: BBF Asking to be Elected as Approved Spokesperson  (Read 16921 times)

Offline apasia.tech

support+
having official legal rep / one channel for regulators or authorities is essential role in the longevity and growth of BitShares and the community. I'm aware of efforts and goals to date of BBF which are aligned in making BTS regulated and legal to the world, so I am confident in them continuing with the task.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:49:29 pm by apasia.tech »
Ross Walker - Founder @ apasia.tech
AP Asia Tech Co., LTD.  TAX ID: 0205549016913 - 14/11 Floraville Complex 2, Pattanakarn Soi 51, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
support.

I am aware what BBT will do according to this WP is important to Bitshares Community.

+5!
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline ljk424

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ljk424

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
support.

I am aware what BBT will do according to this WP is important to Bitshares Community.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@xeroc

I believe that "Spokesperson" worker was wrongly named/defined and this is much better and more fitting proposal from BBF than previous one. Am I on the point ?

This is finally replacement for "legal opinion" and "spokesperson"? If yes, then I personally support this worker for option 3) aka "Approval for the entire 12 months".

If not, please clarify more. Thanks!
Correct. With "spokesperson", people expected the BBF to be much more proactive than it has resources for. For instance, some community members expected the BBF to attend conferences around the world, do marketing for the BItShares Blockchain. Interestingly, even when there were opportunities (funded differently) for the spokesperson to attend conferences and do marketing about BitShares, the community wasn't very happy with it. So, what can be learned from this is to be more accurate with what the role is supposed to do. Hopefully, it is more clear now.

Funds are used to cover *time* spend by the entire team on aspects relevant to the work as representative. That mostly involves discussions and talking to third partners that desire to understand more abut the technology and legal aspects around BitShares and BTS. Unfortunately, NDAs prevent us from naming those businesses explicitly, but at least Bittrex is publicly known to be part of this list.
In case the worker is approved and later disapproved, no funding is available, hence, the BBF can still keep the mandate but has to stop spending time.

Offline iamredbar

Hello! I was sharing this proposal on Twitter, and someone specifically asked for @fav ‘s opinion.

Would anyone care to hop on Twitter with me to further the conversation?

https://twitter.com/bts_maximalist/status/1080621557423226886?s=21

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Any update to the legal council?  Last update I recall the legal opinion was completed however not shared with anyone?  Are all the exchanges basically giving NDA's?  Possible to list what exchanges have open communication to have BTS listed?

This is a good worker, just seems there has been a fall off in communication with some of the projects.

- Legal opinion letter was available at BitFest few months ago in Amsterdam if you were interested to follow up.
- Bittrex has a ball at their court atm and they are stretching re-activation, our side done their deed. Yes, all the exchanges has their own type/view of Agreement and not all consist with NDA (most of them does).
- There is another bounty/worker that is currently looking up listing for CNY and USD, but along few proposals BTS came as an offer in between (for some of top 30 CMC rated exchanges that are being negotiated atm). Listings are between 5 and 15BTC per token, so it's gonna take a while to select/choose exchange with most realistic liquidity/trading volume from those offers. Some of them are pumping themselves...

Hope my replies were satisfying.

@xeroc

I believe that "Spokesperson" worker was wrongly named/defined and this is much better and more fitting proposal from BBF than previous one. Am I on the point ?

This is finally replacement for "legal opinion" and "spokesperson"? If yes, then I personally support this worker for option 3) aka "Approval for the entire 12 months".

If not, please clarify more. Thanks!

Chee®s

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Any update to the legal council?  Last update I recall the legal opinion was completed however not shared with anyone?  Are all the exchanges basically giving NDA's?  Possible to list what exchanges have open communication to have BTS listed?

This is a good worker, just seems there has been a fall off in communication with some of the projects.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Thanks!

Please clarify what is covered by the funding. The examples you list typically have their own worker proposals, and I'd expect these to cover any required BBF work as well. Or to put it differently - what if the mandate is granted but not funded?

That said, I'm of course aware that this is an important proposal and that a representative needs to be paid. I support this worker.

Edit: after re-reading I think the explanations provided are sufficient.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:02:06 am by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
There is now a subsequent worker proposal to at least obtain a mandate for the BitShares Blockchain Foundation:
Details:
https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2019-01-legal-representative

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Once there is an opinion letter, things become much  easier.
So far, no one involved in BitShares even tried to obtain one, which is extremely disappointing :-(

Offline oxarbitrage

The third report of the BBF was updated

http://www.bitshares.foundation/announcements/2018-03-02-spokesperson-report

i like the approach. what about start conversations with https://shapeshift.io/ to get us back up ?

- bitrex: legal issues.
- poloniex: communication with them is impossible.
- shapeshift ?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Good job!

Minor nit: the worker budget is not capped at 21k per hour, instead the cap is a fraction of the total budget. The factor is 17*3600/2^32 per hour. And that's not configurable by the committee.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
FYI:
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@bitshares.fdn/report-spokesperson-bitshares-blockchain-foundation-on-bittrex-inc-and-other-regulatory-issues