Author Topic: Compliance Work  (Read 10888 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I don't see this as needed or feasible. companies should protect their service in their own jurisdiction.

and since I don't see an american lawyer on the team, the SEC argument is pretty much invalid

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I would like to see a worker (or third party business), which will help me to file my tax form (for a fee of course).

Offline oldman

• View Profile
This is confused - there is very little about 'compliance' ie TXSRB/STOKENs that Michael/Stan are working on, and a lot on getting listed on exchanges.

I would suggest dropping the compliance and focus just on getting listed.

But don't try and get BTS listed. Been there done that, the exchanges that don't have BTS don't have it for a reason - we compete with their core business.

What may be worthwhile is getting the exchanges to list bitUSD and bitCNY.

I would support a bounty worker that pays $50k USD for each exchange that lists bitUSD and bitCNY... but... the exchange has to do >$100M USD 24 hr volume. Bithumb, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Polo, Coinone, HitBTC, Korbit, Kraken, GDAX.

It would be much better to create global demand for bitUSD and bitCNY than to try and beat a dead horse. If major exchanges start using bitUSD instead of USDT the amount of BTS locked away as collateral will cause BTS to moon very quickly. There is freaking half a billion dollars of USDT floating around right now, even 10% of that action would move BTS substantially.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Compliance

Another new proposal tries to fund ongoing efforts to ensure compliance of the
BitShares platform. Conversations with regulators and compliance officers revealed
some obstacles that stand in the way of becoming a compliant asset, and platform.
The company *Blockchain Projects BV* offered to tackle those and smoothen the
way for greater adoption.

Read more about the proposal here:

http://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2017-10-compliance

We kindly ask you to take a few minutes to read and understand those
proposal and consider voting for it,

Kind regards
 -- Fabian Schuh