Author Topic: Marketing efforts  (Read 10413 times)

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Asking is allowed of course. But for marketing I'm definitely the wrong guy to ask. :-)

No no, I summoned you for the kong's idea, you seem to me like a tech guy with deep understanding of the platform, could you possibly  be a member of our "AMA Taskforce"?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Asking is allowed of course. But for marketing I'm definitely the wrong guy to ask. :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
So now we just need to wait for the responce from the "big guys"

Is it considered as spam if I tag a few people like this:
@fav, @pc, @xeroc, @Stan, @yvv
?
Pretty sure they are not all devs, but their opinion is important nevertheless

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
Doing a tour of AMA not only is great for marketing but allows us to get great feedback and to know first hand the questions consumers are asking in a wide variety of coin fan bases. If the same question is being asked over and over again we know we have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
Me neither but I had an idea the other day... Ark, in there slack channel do an AMA hour (ask me anything) for other coins. Then post a transcript to their Reddit. It’s quite popular. I’ve passed stans contact details on to DR10 a prominent community member and delegate. Anyway.... my idea, we could do a tour of popular slack channels doing an AMA to “keep the wider community updated”

What do you think???

I think this is a great idea. Moreover, it can be done even without any outsider marketer's intervention. As @fav previously said, this place is run by developers, so there are a lot of folks who know plenty about inner workings of the system.
 By marketing efforts I meant SEO, articles in popular magazines/papers, plugs by celebrities, weekly trending on twitter... Stuff like that. All of which are meant to increase the exposure. Your idea is also a great way to get exposure, so I'm all for it.
 Just need to get some devs on board and figure out an incentive - pretty sure they are busy folks as it is, they'll want to be paid
Perhaps if we use our contacts throughout the bts community to reach out to other communities we could return the favour and allow them to do AMA in our channels? If we get things organised it could be simply an hours work for a dev to answer some questions. Payment could be put through worker proposal easy that way just for an hours work.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Me neither but I had an idea the other day... Ark, in there slack channel do an AMA hour (ask me anything) for other coins. Then post a transcript to their Reddit. It’s quite popular. I’ve passed stans contact details on to DR10 a prominent community member and delegate. Anyway.... my idea, we could do a tour of popular slack channels doing an AMA to “keep the wider community updated”

What do you think???

I think this is a great idea. Moreover, it can be done even without any outsider marketer's intervention. As @fav previously said, this place is run by developers, so there are a lot of folks who know plenty about inner workings of the system.
 By marketing efforts I meant SEO, articles in popular magazines/papers, plugs by celebrities, weekly trending on twitter... Stuff like that. All of which are meant to increase the exposure. Your idea is also a great way to get exposure, so I'm all for it.
 Just need to get some devs on board and figure out an incentive - pretty sure they are busy folks as it is, they'll want to be paid

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
So now we need only two things:
  1) An input from Stan himself about possible interference between the two campaigns
  2) and this is the hard one - someone to take it upon himself to make a worker proposal and supervise the whole thing. As I have no experience in marketing, nor in management, and I'm not even from the US, I feel less than competent to do it myself.

What do you think???

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
So now we need only two things:
  1) An input from Stan himself about possible interference between the two campaigns
  2) and this is the hard one - someone to take it upon himself to make a worker proposal and supervise the whole thing. As I have no experience in marketing, nor in management, and I'm not even from the US, I feel less than competent to do it myself.

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
  As we slowly approach the new age of decentralized exchanges, more and more people are looking for  a good polo/'trex/etc alternative. We all know that there is already a fierce competition in the dex field. Right now it looks like our main competitor is waves - although we have consistently better daily volume, they've been on the market for a lot less time than we have and already have bigger following (at least at twitter they have x1.5 more followers than we do if that can be used as a metric).
 I know that our platform is better in every way (I can't relate to even the UI complaints), but it worries me that people won't care. Their marketing is better, more people are hearing about them and it won't matter to them that the order matching is centralized - for a non-tech trader as long as it works fast and reliably it will be a go to platform. And it will work fast and reliably, at least for some time - they will not shoot themselves in the foot with front running.
As we all know better tech doesn't always win, marketing does.
 We also know that Stan is organising a huge marketing effort for the billion hero campaign and has hired some strong names in the marketing business. Personally I have no idea where it stands right now, because he hasn't published relevant updates for some time, and what his exact gameplan is too.
 What I want to ask is why not hire the same guys that Stan has, who it seems are already familiar with our product, to take on the "routine" marketing for bitshares?
 Or do you think it's redundant because the hero campaign will do it anyways? I just feel like I'm sitting in the dark, waiting for a miracle to happen. "Soon, guys, soon the Mighty Stan will come and shine the light through our dark cave, you just have to beleive..."

I just want to see your thoughts on this, no disrespect to anyone.
No problem in running seperate marketing campaigns...

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Well, developers being in charge is not a bug, it's a feature. It ensures the best tech possible. However as you pointed out, these issues are here since forever. They won't solve themselves.

The ones you pointed out can be solved by the same developers that run this thing.

For the others we need external help. Hire a professional UI designer (if it hasn't been done already) for the wallet, professional marketers for the exposure and promotion...

I know i'm not the first to speak about it, but for some reason no action is being taken.
I would like to know why.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Well I'm an engineer, not a designer, so the landing page looks fine to me :)

I see your points, but that's the problem in bitshares since forever. developers in charge :)

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Well I'm an engineer, not a designer, so the landing page looks fine to me :)

What you say makes sense and is important, but I feel like the scale of it is not enough.
I don't know how many people buy LTM, why they do it and how many newcomers they manage to register with their referral links. I, personally, don't like clicking on links from people I don't know, much safer is just google bitshares and find the wallet. And I think there is a whole lot of people who will google the project's name after hearing/reading about it somewhere for the first time instead of asking random strangers to provide them with a link.

Anyways, it's the "reading/hearing somewhere" part I worry about, as for now we have covered a very limited area. A potential user won't find out about bitshares if he doesn't specifically search for it. It was a bit less of a problem in the past, as we were in the top 20 on CMC, having a lot more exposure. Now, as we sit somewhere on the 50th place, it's like being on the second page of google search, where no man has ever set his foot.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
tools to effectively spread the word and market.

imagine if you send someone to bitshares.org/wallet?r=fav now - do you think this landing page is appealing for a new customer?

what is needed is a nice system setup, with different landing pages highlighting different problems and how bitshares solves them.

goal should be to sell LTM memberships & Asset Creations, that's how the network & marketer can make money.

next step: develop more unique features for the lifetime membership program to make it more interesting

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Hot damn that was fast. I'm used to the steemit drowziness.

What do you mean by the user tools? Everyone has twitter/facebook/etc. - looks like it's not enough. Moreover, putting this "burden of advertising" on users might lead to "promoter apathy" (like voter apathy) as in no one have time or willingnes to put in an effort. Imagine a company like apple or microsoft telling their customers to go to the streets and promote their product...

Or maybe I misunderstood? Can you elaborate?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
in my opinion, bitshares lacks the tools for it.

you need someone who can get a grass roots word of the mouth system up.

in other words: give users the necessary tools to market the blockchain. much more sustaining and effective than time square ads.