Author Topic: Bitshares huge advantages over Ether just evaporated  (Read 4137 times)

Offline llildur

• View Profile
We should not talk about promises, i am user of ether and ether delta, still is a nigthmare and the gas price is trougth the roof to move any transaction quickly, bitshares has many advantages over ETH, but is true is stagnated in some how since long time ago, privacy transactions was trow in the ditch as blockpay fails to fullfill their promises at least for the time being, i can only speculate about EOS and the posible integration with bitshares that can solve many questions about VM and smart contracts over bitshares the bad thing is almost a year away, meanwhile we are struggle in a vacum of clear milestones and development, just a few projects has decide to move at bishares blockchain despite the clear advantages it has over almost the whole crypto ecosistem, why?  i just donĀ“t get it. ???

Offline mp3michael

• View Profile
It's not about FUD, it's about facts.

Ether used to be really slow and expensive (compared to BTS). It is no longer expensive. The average transaction costs appears to be 0.6 cents which is comparable to BTS. See: http://ethgasstation.info/

There used to be 9000 transactions pending on ether blockchain. Now it's about 150. See: https://etherscan.io/txsPending

The bottom line is that the newest code push for Ether dramatically improved the core numbers for Ether making them competitive with bts. I'm a bts fan. I appreciate the smart architecture and design - like readable usernames. However ether has the mindshare so it's important us bts fans know facts that shine on bts.

Offline R

• View Profile
Execution time of 1.5 minutes? Pathetic! Bring it down to several seconds then we're talking. In the mean time, ETH remains garbage tier baby crypto investment.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Ether claims they can now support enough transactions to compete with Visa. If that claim is correct then the transaction per second advantage that Bitshares had is also gone.

proof?
raiden...

Raiden is a crutch, which sort of  supports not very stable structure. It does not really solve a scalability problem. It moves a bunch of transactions off chain, because ethereum blockchain is too slow to handle them all. Bitshares DEX does not need such a crutch, and this is a big advantage.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Ether claims they can now support enough transactions to compete with Visa. If that claim is correct then the transaction per second advantage that Bitshares had is also gone.

proof?
raiden...

you are so much biased seriously fav, every time I read you...
you have big lack of lucidity
the fact is, other projects can and will compete with bts high tps ability, most of them are actively working on this and it will come out

kovan. I can talk bullshit too. where is the actual proof?

Offline bitsharesbagholder

proof?
raiden...

you are so much biased seriously fav, every time I read you...
you have big lack of lucidity
the fact is, other projects can and will compete with bts high tps ability, most of them are actively working on this and it will come out

Offline lakerta06

Some people register to this forum just to spread FUD.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

proof?

Offline mp3michael

• View Profile

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Ethereum is definitely progressing, but DEX based on ether still sucks, because current progress is not enough to make them usable. So far, bitshares DEX is still the most advanced, but this can change fast.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Fees are configurable in bitshares by voting.
How many tps can ethereum perform now? Twenty? Forty? A whole hundred?

That's it guys, dont forget to turn the light off on your way out...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
doubt the price will stay, ethereum does not scale, so the gas price is doomed to rise sooner rather than later.

Offline mp3michael

• View Profile
Bitshares has always been technically superior to Ether. Transactions costs on BTS were under a cent and fast. Over on Ether they were 35 cents or more and at any given time they would be 9000 transactions waiting to be processed.

However Etherium pushed out a fork and transaction fees are now averaging 0.6 cents on the ether network and the average execution time is 1.5 minutes.  See data at: http://ethgasstation.info/

It seems like BTS huge advantage over ether just evaporated. There are other advantages like friendly usernames and a referral program but those seem modest compared to cost and speed. There's so much momentum for ether that I'm concerned that Bitshares will not capture enough user action to stay relevant. This is surely why EOS which was created by BTS founder didn't launch on Bitshares but instead on ether.

What do others think? Am I missing something?