Author Topic: Why Wikipedia.org does not have a page about bitshares??  (Read 3583 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@Stan, should I mention the Billion Hero campaign on the wiki page? Is it still on?
If you do, you would also need to mentioned all the other things going on on BItShares. Not sure that's what you want to do with that article.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
@Stan, should I mention the Billion Hero campaign on the wiki page? Is it still on?

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
I asked @Stan and he told me that anyone can use it for promotional activity. In wiki you can upload pictures only if you made them yourself or if they were published under right licence. I don't know anything about licences, so I just ticked "made it myself". Hope it's gonna be accepted when i submit the page for review.

As for the dpos page - could be nice too, a page that describes it in detail. I've put together a short overview on mine for now

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
How do i get the licence to use bitshares logo?

On the level of IP rights, you can use the BTS logo from the bitshares-ui repo on github, under the terms and conditions of the MIT license.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline oxarbitrage

There was someone today with the same concern about the logo licence and the community redirect the request to the approved spokesman we have, here is the answer he got by now:

"We are right now investigating and will try to confirm the exact  status.  Be back on this shortly".

Best Regards,
Annemieke Dirkes
spokesperson@bitshares.foundation

Ill update you if i can get more info about it.

In regards to the wikipedia page i think it will be great to have if they allow us.  I will be happy to help however i don't know much about bitshares history as i was not here since the beginning and not a native english speaker.

How about also adding dpos page ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system

Offline Ravid

• View Profile

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
open one, what's holding you back?

Nothing, I'll try to put something together. As I am not a programmer, nor a marketing guy, at least this one I CAN try and do for the community. But I'll need some help editing the article, so don't leave me hanging there

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Guys, wikipedia has pages for a whole bunch of cryptos, not only btc, but xrp, lisk, Digibyte, doge, ltc, peercoin and even the frickin' waves. We absolutely must have a page for bts

open one, what's holding you back?

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Guys, wikipedia has pages for a whole bunch of cryptos, not only btc, but xrp, lisk, Digibyte, doge, ltc, peercoin and even the frickin' waves. We absolutely must have a page for bts

Offline Methodise

The New York Post wrote about Bitshares, on the front page. They called it 'defunct' which I thought was libellous. The price, volume etc. is up about 10x from then..

BTS: methodise

Offline R

• View Profile
Good luck getting anything added to wikipedia.

You need newspapers to have written about bitshares before your bitshares page evades insta-deletion by the community driven moderation.

Offline Methodise

Bellevich makes a startling good point.  +5%

I'm very willing to do my small part to help but have nil experience with wiki dealings.
BTS: methodise

Offline bellevich

• View Profile
Why Wikipedia.org does not have a page about bitshares??
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=bitshares&title=Special:Search&go=Go&searchToken=9aevyp8tt8euzc08fqcx2feyk

It is necessary to make a page like the one for bitcoin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Yes, it can be said that Wikipedia is not the best source for crypto-currencies, but it is a VERY trusted site that gives excellent visibility in the search and the user immediately, briefly receives a competent encyclopedic reference about bitshares, with all the necessary links, indicating various entry points in bitshares, with the indication of various entry points into bitshares, information about the documentation, about projects built on bitshares.

Such an encyclopedic reference should be made by a great professional in bitshares 2.0

Then ask the community and it will translate it into other languages and publish it on regional websites. Then other crypt evangelists will pull the correct information to their sites, and not the nonsense that can be found on various sites now.

Also, in all articles about crypto-currencies, crypto-exchange exchanges on wikipedia, you need to insert information about bitshares, with reference to this main article about bitshares.

I would love to write an article for Wikipedia myself, but unfortunately my English language is such that I will be happy if you even understand what is written in this post. But I have experience in Search Engines Optimization in local markets and in "big" google and I'm surprised at how bad everything is with SEO in bitshares.

But I'm ready to translate the article from en.wikipedia.org into Russian language, publish on ru.wikipedia.org and link it with links to other articles in ru.wikipedia.org.

These actions will increase the conversion among those who are keen on crypto-currencies in those who will be passionate about bitshares.