Author Topic: Warning: OpenLedger broken, stealing deposits (blast time)  (Read 3462 times)

Offline cylemmulo

I agree there. The sad thing is, I hate decentralized exchanges, and actually found openledger (well bitshares) pretty easy to use, and pretty well designed. Hopefully their support will impress me.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
I agree, I don't think they are stealing my money or anything. However, I've probably used 10+ exchanges (including yobit ugh) and I've never had a single deposit/withdraw issue. Now the very first deposit i make here messes up, It doesn't speak well for the design of it.

You are probably one extremely lucky individual. Ten exchanges without problems is actually quite an achievement. I tried, like, three and had issues with two of them.
Don't draw conclusions, open a ticket and wait. They have a ton of users and a volume of $2M, the fact that ONLY a handful of people post their problems here says that they (OL) are actually pretty good at what they do

Offline cylemmulo

I agree, I don't think they are stealing my money or anything. However, I've probably used 10+ exchanges (including yobit ugh) and I've never had a single deposit/withdraw issue. Now the very first deposit i make here messes up, It doesn't speak well for the design of it.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
OpenLedger has always been a stand up company.  They have built their business on top of the BitShares blockchain to show extra transparency other exchanges do not.

A support ticket is your best bet to get any issues sorted out.

Additionally, there are other methods to get tokens into the exchange.  Blocktrades, RuDex, Gdex, etc...  They are all just gateways or bridges to move in and out of BitShares.

Offline cylemmulo

I deposited about 17k doge to my account from cryptopia right when I made it. Blockchain received it but never sent. I went to double check my address, but the open.doge showed i needed to create one, so it wouldn't show anything. I decided to test sending 30 doge from my bittrex to the same address, and it arrived right away. SO i have no idea what's going on. Opened a support ticket, and might just be getting my stuff off asap.

Offline calmus-a

2 days ago I sent Waves to my openledger wallet and didn't receive my Waves either.

I found a bug where the deposit address changes unintentionally. In Basic Mode it creates a new deposit address if you open the deposit dialog 5 Minutes later.

Perhaps you were affected by this bug as well. Due to this bug you could have had another WAVES address than you thought.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:23:24 pm by calmus-a »

Offline alchemist

Hi Bitshares friends,

Warning: I sent WAVES from binance and received nothing in the Openledger wallet.

I can confirm on the blockchain it was received here:

http://wavesexplorer.com/tx/6JW77uXJ2M7zy81K5tXGE6hurGyHC19T2oF2SRdvT5Jd

The amount was never credited to my account and is now lost far as i know.

Fortunately I was lucky it was a small amount. I have used LTC ETH and BTC before without issues.

I was trying to execute simple arbitrage without risk.

I didn't anticipate OPENLEDGER literally just stealing the money from me.

Be warned!  Notice the two other posts on the front page 'Openledger lost my eth' etc. NO ONE WILL HELP YOU.

The openeldger system is obviously dated, poorly designed and apparently doesn't even perform the most basic functionality without losing your money. Until someone can explain to me why I never received the balance in my account there are only 2 conclusions I can draw:

Openledger is  broken, the team is incompetent and their system doesn't work

OR

They're just straight up stealing people's deposits.

Neither of these are good.

Thoughts, comments, questions?

Did OpenLedger screw you over too?