Author Topic: WeTube - Initial economic model - programmers and thinkers - the great winners  (Read 7152 times)

Offline liberman

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:03:47 pm by liberman »

Offline fuzzy

Do you need a Twitter Feed?  I would gladly run it if you join up with Invictus Social Consensus. ;)

This would include Posting of: 
Updates and Progress reports (as I receive them from the official source--you)
Updates on Position Availability
Updates on Bounties

There is potential for far more...
Invictus and ProtoShares already have these or I would have offered to do it for them too.   Sadly the official ones are ghost-towns...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:34:18 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Sometimes the blockchain's utility makes one's head feel like imploding...is this the most impressive invention ever to be created by humanity? 

in 5-10 years we are going to laugh at how we thought in these "early" years...

Offline liberman

• View Profile
Ok, here is the repository for managers, thinkers, protocol designers, etc:

https://github.com/wetube/wetube-office

Please, if you have any idea you'd like to share, ask me to include you into the repository. You will be part of the initial capital partition by putting there your papers.
If you don't know how to use github, please ask me to include your docs and I will do it for you.
I recommend using Lyx/Latex for writing the papers, so we have a consistent format. http://www.lyx.org/

Right now we need coordinators, economists, lawyers, and protocol designers. Programmers are welcome too, in the other repository.
If in doubt of anything, don't hesitate to contact us by PM, email, or in #wetube on Freenode.

Offline liberman

• View Profile
My apologies.  My intent was to highlight some of your best thoughts, not modify the original.
Stand by while I think of someone else to blame.  :-[

No problem, Stan. :)
I hope you can participate writing some paper.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
My apologies.  My intent was to highlight some of your best thoughts, not modify the original.
Stand by while I think of someone else to blame.  :-[
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liberman

• View Profile
I think the forum needs to be updated so that admins/mods don't accidentally click modify when they mean to click quote or reply.

Yeah, it seems so. No problem. ;)

Offline bytemaster

It is also my opinion that the persons who do most of the efforts should be the initial shareholders of this company, just like it happens in the real world. Do you imagine Steve Jobs doing what he did knowing that he had only 0.0001% of the company he just created? No, he had a good share because he took the risks and has the ideas (it is irrelevant if after some years he sold them).
So I propose something that would not like very much to speculators, but certainly will motivate programmers and serius investors to do serius work here.
Because I know that there are people who want to invest but don't have any skills to contribute, we can also create a ProtoMediaShares, similar to what Protoshares is, that could be converted to WeTube DAC's shares at the launch, at some proportion. We are open to this proposition if we still give programmers something like 3/4 of the total initial shares. But some shares could be given to miners-only with a moral condition: please promote WeTube!
And what part of the stock do we reserve for programmers and miners? I propose 10% for programmers and 2.5% for miners. The 87.5% left is reserved for workers to be earn slowly once the system starts running. 10% is really a lot if we consider that this DAC could become the next Youtube.

Here is some innovative proto-DAC thinking that deserves to be highlighted outside its home thread.  I'd like to see more discussion about "acceptable" ways to motivate and enable more developers to develop more DACs.  After all, we as ProtoShareholders now have a vested interest in seeing lots of high-quality DACs fielded and backed by strong teams of developers willing and able to see them through to stand-alone autonomous operation.

Proto-DACs would seem to be a way to attract DAC-specific investors and developers the same way ProtoShares attracts global visionaries and industry leaders.

Stan,
What is this?  :o
You edited my message and removed parts of it?

I think the forum needs to be updated so that admins/mods don't accidentally click modify when they mean to click quote or reply.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liberman

• View Profile
UPDATE: including managers/thinkers/modelers

Please go up to read more.

Offline liberman

• View Profile
It is also my opinion that the persons who do most of the efforts should be the initial shareholders of this company, just like it happens in the real world. Do you imagine Steve Jobs doing what he did knowing that he had only 0.0001% of the company he just created? No, he had a good share because he took the risks and has the ideas (it is irrelevant if after some years he sold them).
So I propose something that would not like very much to speculators, but certainly will motivate programmers and serius investors to do serius work here.
Because I know that there are people who want to invest but don't have any skills to contribute, we can also create a ProtoMediaShares, similar to what Protoshares is, that could be converted to WeTube DAC's shares at the launch, at some proportion. We are open to this proposition if we still give programmers something like 3/4 of the total initial shares. But some shares could be given to miners-only with a moral condition: please promote WeTube!
And what part of the stock do we reserve for programmers and miners? I propose 10% for programmers and 2.5% for miners. The 87.5% left is reserved for workers to be earn slowly once the system starts running. 10% is really a lot if we consider that this DAC could become the next Youtube.

Here is some innovative proto-DAC thinking that deserves to be highlighted outside its home thread.  I'd like to see more discussion about "acceptable" ways to motivate and enable more developers to develop more DACs.  After all, we as ProtoShareholders now have a vested interest in seeing lots of high-quality DACs fielded and backed by strong teams of developers willing and able to see them through to stand-alone autonomous operation.

Proto-DACs would seem to be a way to attract DAC-specific investors and developers the same way ProtoShares attracts global visionaries and industry leaders.

Stan,
What is this?  :o
You edited my message and removed parts of it?

Offline liberman

• View Profile
Most users would prefer to use a known coin to pay for services.  How would the WeTube service compete against a clone that switched to Bitcoin from WeCoin?

We need our own coin because money supply should be generated by bandwidth sharing and moderation services.
The interface will contain a wallet and a simple exchange interface, where sellers/buyers freely interchange bitcoins and wecoins with automatic escrow. An interface to bitshares is on your charge, as I think wetube should be a Bitasset.
Even more, we can work together to make a bitshares interface for the browser, and with the same codebase you can build bitshares for the web, while we just have to include a simplistic version in our user interface.
I'm thinking to open a new thread also for Keyhotee. The more I think this, the more I realize that Keyhotee should be implemented as a browser extension, with strong security in mind (to avoid scams). I have many ideas on this regard that we can share.

Read what I'm writing the next days, I'm having many explosive ideas.  ;)

Offline bytemaster

Most users would prefer to use a known coin to pay for services.  How would the WeTube service compete against a clone that switched to Bitcoin from WeCoin?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liberman

• View Profile
Ok, you are right.
So I'm thinking another way, which is just separating MediaCoin from Wetube itself.
MediaCoin will be another virtual currency like Bitcoin, and WeTube is just a platform that uses it. There could be many other platforms.
MadiaCoin could represent the price of bandwidth propagation, which is the equivalent to the services of internet routers. Nobody accuses ISPs for what their users do, specially if they use encryption and cannot know what the user is doing. When the prosecutors want to find illegal activities, they go to those serving illegal content, not for the routers/ISPs. If they do so, then they should shut down Cisco and many other router services/companies. For example, they don't go against Tor nodes and your ISP, but against end hidden servers and users.

If you know about law, please read this and help us to design WeTube better:

http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1046.msg12451#msg12451

Offline fuzzy

Yerp.  No secrets.  That certainly is a pretty big deal.  A good video contest would be a good start to bring in quality content imo...

Looking forward to seeing how you guys move forward with this.  :)

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Partition can be in private, and anyway, they can transfer their shares to many other accounts just after they receive them.

No, no it cannot, a DAC can't have any secrets...pretty big rule you'd be violating there buddy.
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9