Author Topic: plan to raise the bitCNY force settlement offset to 5%  (Read 36712 times)

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
The obvious solution to prevent market manipulation is a small fee on all official Smartcoins. I would suggest 1.5-2% for smaller liquidity coins, and as low as 0.5% on very liquid, fiat-based smartcoins. 5% is too high though..

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
What is the latest feedback on this?  Positive, negative, no impact?  This was an important experiment as I believe all BitAssets should have the same parameters.  New traders will expect this and may become frustrated not knowing BitAssets all have different settlement parameters.

I would like to know as well. So far fav doesn't like it  :)
 but much more bitCNY was created which is good.
So I guess it would be nice to hear from bitcrab

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
What is the latest feedback on this?  Positive, negative, no impact?  This was an important experiment as I believe all BitAssets should have the same parameters.  New traders will expect this and may become frustrated not knowing BitAssets all have different settlement parameters.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
The GUI still shows that settlement price is the same as the feed price. This is confusing. How should I read this?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@xeroc obviously I don't expect any spokeperson to decide about the 5% debate but I was referring for someone to be in touch with Poloniex issue.
good news indeed. Please keep us updated.
My fault. Lost track of what was actually discussed :-/

Offline yvv

• View Profile
congrats on creating a market nonpegged asset

It is still pegged by the way, but to different price, this should be mentioned throughout bitshares publications.  When those Chinese, who deposit funds via bitCNY, will realize that they can't exchange them for other tokens at fair price, they'll be very happy.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
It looks like increase in Force settlement offset to 5% in BITCNY/BTS pair has been working as intended.
Good call bitcrab

congrats on creating a market nonpegged asset

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
It looks like increase in Force settlement offset to 5% in BITCNY/BTS pair has been working as intended.
Good call bitcrab

Offline oco101

• View Profile
only reasonable solution is asking witnesses to fix their feeds. that's what they get paid for

that was the first step taken as you should know, and the reasons why it was not enough were discussed in depth.

I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality

Hahaha nice one never heard of before. Thanks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Seriously...Can we concentrate on important issues? Where are these bitshares spokespersons now??What are they doing??
Read the spokesperson proposal to understand what the spokesperson is there for ...
It will *NOT* make or lead political decisions within the blockchain ... that's up to the shareholders to do

@xeroc obviously I don't expect any spokeperson to decide about the 5% debate but I was referring for someone to be in touch with Poloniex issue.

So, for protecting shareholders' interests, who will discuss with Poloniex?! Committee members or someone?

The 5% debate: Not going to be discusses by the spokesperson
The Poloniex issue: Going to be descissed by the spokesperson - BBF has reached out to poloniex, but hasn't heard back from them

Glad to hear these news.

good news indeed. Please keep us updated.

binggo

So, for protecting shareholders' interests, who will discuss with Poloniex?! Committee members or someone?

The Poloniex issue: Going to be descissed by the spokesperson - BBF has reached out to poloniex, but hasn't heard back from them

Glad to hear these news.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:38:16 pm by binggo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

binggo

Seriously...Can we concentrate on important issues? Where are these bitshares spokespersons now??What are they doing??
Read the spokesperson proposal to understand what the spokesperson is there for ...
It will *NOT* make or lead political decisions within the blockchain ... that's up to the shareholders to do

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
only reasonable solution is asking witnesses to fix their feeds. that's what they get paid for

that was the first step taken as you should know, and the reasons why it was not enough were discussed in depth.

I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_triviality