Author Topic: browser wallet recovery?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline btssharenew

• View Profile
I have the same problem and accidently cleared the cache of my Chrome browser. Where did you find the database files containing the wallet? Is it within one of the files you sent a picture of? I plan to do the same thing using Recuva. And did you succeed to get into your wallet?

Many thanks in advance!!

Offline TwiceSeven

• View Profile
Hi SVK. I found the database files now I need to access the private keys. Do you know how I can do that? Thanks.

Offline svk

The wallet is stored in a indexeddb database inside the browser, so I doubt there are specific files corresponding to it. But if you see anything database related try restoring that.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline TwiceSeven

• View Profile
Hello, I need help with wallet recovery.

A few weeks ago I signed up with wallet mode using chromium. I was confused by "the browser is your wallet" and didn't save a backup (stupid mistake, I know). Then I cleared my cache with ccleaner. After realizing what happened I opened Recuva, to possibly restore the old deleted files and look for the keys saved in my browser (chromium) - but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know what the file names of the key/wallet data would called?
I had 12k bts and would really like to recover them if possible.

Here are some files I found when searching "bitshares"
http://i.imgur.com/LaUjasy.png
I also have other files, since I restored all my old browser data, but not with the original folder structure :/

Any advice or support would be much appreciated, thanks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:47:41 am by TwiceSeven »