Author Topic: Lack of marketing. Time to hire a professional agency?  (Read 9935 times)

Offline Crypto Kong

• View Profile
Hi, I’m fairly new to bitshares, the only reason I even heard about it is because I was looking for a fund that tracked cryptos and stumbled upon bit twenty.

I agree more marketing is needed. We have a working product, we should be marketing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Bitshares need to stop marketing itself as "first decentralized", "fastest transactions", "control your private keys" and start promoting a dream or a positive emotion such as "easy steps to wealth that you control", "stop paying the banks and pay your self",  etc etc
I think this guy thinks in the right direction, reminds me of the apple's tv ad for the first mac.

I also think that Kevin Messerly should be paid for all the great PR he does on twitter

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
I agree, you can have the best product/service in the world but if no one knows about the product /service will fail.

Bitshares has a checkered history of paying for marketing and getting shafted but a worker proposal that is incentive based and a base fee should eliminate that.

Do you have a professional marketing team in mind?   

Bitshares need to stop marketing itself as "first decentralized", "fastest transactions", "control your private keys" and start promoting a dream or a positive emotion such as "easy steps to wealth that you control", "stop paying the banks and pay your self",  etc etc

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
I thought bitshares already had a marketing team? Unless yall didn't get the memo.
As far as I know we only have the China team and the Stan's one, which works on the Hero campaign

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
I thought bitshares already had a marketing team? Unless yall didn't get the memo.

binggo

Something need to change, but no one want to chang.
I think this is a good idea to hire a professional agency to market Bitshares, let's more people know and use Bitshares, let's more developers creat applications with BTS, let more business place into BTS.

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile
Would be also nice to get a comment from Stan on this whole situation and what's up with the billion hero campaign, and maybe also suggest the right marketing team for us

I agree..

since Stan has some hollywood connections..

why not take a chance and reach out to Ashton Kutcher....

He did a pretty good job for Airbnb...

A worker proposal should fund a contract for Kutcher to become a Bitshares promoter, evangelist,
I'm sure Stan could provide a 3 day crash course on the beauty and magnificence of BTS
with periodic refreshers.   I'm sure other ideas would emerge pretty quickly thereafter.

And everyone on the BTS richlist could throw a bonus his way into a dedicated multi-sig bitUSD account that would be
released and become his the day BTS reaches  $10 or more!

Godfather ?    O Godfather, Where Art Thou?  :-) 

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile
It is not surprise, because most of people who read this forum (including myself) don't understand a crap in marketing. I guess, if you know how to do it, the best is just go ahead and do it.

I understand that..

Marketing is about delivering "feel good emotions" and "perceived trust" which is what investors thrive on.

Good technology like bitshares is about delivering "a stable, and reliable solution" which technogeeks thrive on.

Both technogeeks and investors need to participate together.  So if we're just delivering tech, but not good enough marketing, we need to improve.

Step 1: Have everyone realize this
Step 2: Create a worker proposal with a lead project person willing to take the responsibility of managing the project funds
Step 3: Approve the proposal
Step 4: Spend some money by paying marketers to encourage more money and more users to come into the system

The referral system is only one tiny part of what we need to do.

I read somewhere we have a bitshares foundation. I don't know who runs it, how many people are involved, or who funds them. None of that important information is on their website.

Step 2  should require a BONDED worker.....to guarantee performance and not just wasting the money on their "friends" marketing agency for a healthy kickback...there is too much corruption in the world to be naive about these things..

Offline intelliguy

To put things into perspective on this topic (and it is ON TOPIC)

I wrote a steemit post about the overall situation that isn't specific to Bitshares, but all cryptocurrency:

(steemit links still do not work in SMF apparently, so you have to manually find intelliguy on steemit)

POST TITLE: "Blockchain conundrum. Good technology - OR good marketing. RARELY DO BOTH EXIST."

SUMMARY

Good technology - OR good marketing. RARELY DO BOTH EXIST IN A PROJECT

Bitshares has good technology.  If we focus on good marketing, we win this rat race
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:29:07 pm by intelliguy »
I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Would be also nice to get a comment from Stan on this whole situation and what's up with the billion hero campaign, and maybe also suggest the right marketing team for us

Offline intelliguy

It is not surprise, because most of people who read this forum (including myself) don't understand a crap in marketing. I guess, if you know how to do it, the best is just go ahead and do it.

I understand that..

Marketing is about delivering "feel good emotions" and "perceived trust" which is what investors thrive on.

Good technology like bitshares is about delivering "a stable, and reliable solution" which technogeeks thrive on.

Both technogeeks and investors need to participate together.  So if we're just delivering tech, but not good enough marketing, we need to improve.

Step 1: Have everyone realize this
Step 2: Create a worker proposal with a lead project person willing to take the responsibility of managing the project funds
Step 3: Approve the proposal
Step 4: Spend some money by paying marketers to encourage more money and more users to come into the system

The referral system is only one tiny part of what we need to do.

I read somewhere we have a bitshares foundation. I don't know who runs it, how many people are involved, or who funds them. None of that important information is on their website.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:23:36 pm by intelliguy »
I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I talked about it in the "marketing efforts" thread, but it wasn't taken too seriously.
At least we have some marketing in China now

Thanks for coming back to say something.

It's too easy to just let a few people hash it out, read the forums, and contribute nothing.

It gives the illusion that it's only 3 or 4 people concerned.  If you are reading this and have said nothing so far, please reply to this thread.

Offline intelliguy

I talked about it in the "marketing efforts" thread, but it wasn't taken too seriously.

Thanks for coming back to say something.

It's too easy to just let a few people hash it out, read the forums, and contribute nothing.

It gives the illusion that it's only 3 or 4 people concerned.  If you are reading this and have said nothing so far, please reply to this thread.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile

Offline intelliguy

waves is a very bad example. they're lying and misleading their idiot investors at every possible chance.

if that's your understanding of professional marketing, I must refuse the idea.

That is true in my opinion (I researched Waves, I don't like them either, and something is fishy about them. I could elaborate more.. but let's stick on topic.)

...but the only reason Waves is afloat is because of marketing.

Look at what Waves offers its employees for benefits:

— Full-time work in the office next to Kropotkinskaya metro station
 — Flexible schedule
 — Competitive salary higher than average on market
 — Free English and Chinese classes
 — Free coffee and cookies

Why English and Chinese?  So their developers can talk to investors and show up at tradeshows "for marketing".

Now imagine Bitshares, with solid technology + professional marketing via a professional agency. Having both benefit us, we'd skyrocket in growth and adoption.

One of the hardest things in this industry is for developers and crypto users to realize their limits. Crypto-technically adept people in general have too much ego and can't spot their own faults.  This is human nature (otherwise we'd be flawless with our thinking).

Refusing my idea of marketing because you don't like waves isn't an appropriate reason to not consider the issue.

My comment to that person on steemit was this:
Code: [Select]
To be really fair though... Bitshares has plenty of marketing, but it could use more.
..and when I said that, I was thinking of @Stan at the time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:29:17 pm by intelliguy »