Author Topic: Lack of marketing. Time to hire a professional agency?  (Read 9934 times)

Offline intelliguy

I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline joele

• View Profile
Yes, marketing like one time twits by Justin Bieber with the word Bitshares and we' will hits the top 10. :)

Offline lakerta06

Do bitshare holders benefit from hero?

The Billion Hero campaign is designed to promote the Hero token by raising awareness for bitshares.
Some time this summer Stan has locked 3,000,000 bts in a dedicated wallet, it was worth $1,000,000 back then. The campaign ends when this locked amount of bts worth $1 billion (thousandfold increase in price). So yeah, it benefits the bts holders a great deal.

This campaign has more chance to end much faster, when his $1000000 get margin called. Or did this already happen? o_0

lol. low knowledge with high self-esteem results in this type of pearls.

Offline intelliguy

As long as we keep talking about this subject, everyone will take notice, and something will happen.

If it just flares up and dies, nothing will get done. :)
I'm @intelliguy on steemit. I usually get things right (or so they tell me), follow me there if you want to see more. Tips accepted to bitshares user: intelliguy-bts  (I'm a lifetime member because I trust in the Bitshares ecosystem)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I never thought I would say this but maybe bring back Brian Page? I din't like the way he left suddenly the community but he was a sweet talker.. Maybe if he comes back with specific worker proposal and specific goal and timeframe...Don't know if he is interested though since if he was he would have come by now..

Offline Ravid

• View Profile

The Billion Hero campaign is designed to promote the Hero token by raising awareness for bitshares.
Some time this summer Stan has locked 3,000,000 bts in a dedicated wallet, it was worth $1,000,000 back then. The campaign ends when this locked amount of bts worth $1 billion (thousandfold increase in price). So yeah, it benefits the bts holders a great deal.

This campaign has more chance to end much faster, when his $1000000 get margin called. Or did this already happen? o_0

No, he locked up three million bts, not bitusd. Look up the billionherocampaign (or something like that) wallet

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline intelliguy

There is money sitting in the reserves to do marketing too.
All that needs to be done is deliver something, establish a reputation, then deploy a convincing worker proposal and get funds to go further.

The latest marketing trend seems to be paying "Influencers" on youtube with a following.

Every since youtube started lowering their payouts, and people are sick of seeing the pop up ads... it's only influencers that can make conversions into sales these days.

Similar with people running blogs and newsletters....  So any marketing team would be making use of influencers.

Dan Larimer use to be our influencer with his blog.  News Media would report on what he wrote.  We didn't replace him with that...

Glad to hear about the other marketing teams @nomoreheros7
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:40:27 pm by intelliguy »

Offline Ravid

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Yes, minimum 1.75x the value of HERO is required to be "locked up" as BTS collateral. So basically every HERO that exists is backed up by approximately 2x the value in BTS, which is then locked and can't be sold. This creates a supply constraint that ultimately results in a higher price per BitShare.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
Digital launch, High Rise and the third one are working on the Hero campaign, which AFAIK is a private project, funded by Stan/cryptonomex, with no deadlines and progress updates. Stan stopped talking about it several weeks ago and nobody really knows if it is still on. I know that he doesn't owe me anything and I am in no position to demand reports and updates but it would be really helpful if he commented on this thread's topic

Agree, these guys aren't being all that transparent right now........but per Michael just a few days ago: "Don't worry, hero starting soon"  ;D

It's coming.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
lol guys, BTS currently has FOUR, count them, FOUR professional marketing teams hired. Let's go through the list:

- High Rise Elite Marketing
 - Digital Launch
 - "Then you should see the other third of our team...." - Stan, alluding to a THIRD marketing team
 - BTS Chinese marketing assault that's currently ongoing (Zicen and team "hired" by the blockchain)

So uhh....yea...things are about to get pretty hot and heavy up in here. Hope your bags are filled.  ;)

(Source: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@Stan/behind-the-scenes-at-the-billion-hero-campaign)

Digital launch, High Rise and the third one are working on the Hero campaign, which AFAIK is a private project, funded by Stan/cryptonomex, with no deadlines and progress updates. Stan stopped talking about it several weeks ago and nobody really knows if it is still on. I know that he doesn't owe me anything and I am in no position to demand reports and updates but it would be really helpful if he commented on this thread's topic

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
lol guys, BTS currently has FOUR, count them, FOUR professional marketing teams hired. Let's go through the list:

- High Rise Elite Marketing
 - Digital Launch
 - "Then you should see the other third of our team...." - Stan, alluding to a THIRD marketing team
 - BTS Chinese marketing assault that's currently ongoing (Zicen and team "hired" by the blockchain)

So uhh....yea...things are about to get pretty hot and heavy up in here. Hope your bags are filled.  ;)

(Source: https://steemit.com/bitshares/@Stan/behind-the-scenes-at-the-billion-hero-campaign)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:28:15 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
First and foremost we need to select a person/s that will manage this whole thing from our side. Someone needs to be in contact with the marketing team, answer their questions, approve strategies, set goals and decide on funding. Can it be a spokesperson job? Or do we want someone else? Deciding on what team to hire is easier IMO, just google "best marketing firm" and take what looks better.
Please don't let this topic die in here, marketing is desperately needed. There are still people who think that bitshares is a scam because bytemaster left. There are still people who have never heard about bts. A good chunk of crypto traders still think that expensive=better and "there is no better tech than bitcoin". Many more businesses could be building upon bitshares if they only knew about us. Current state HAVE to change if we don't want to silently die in the corner without anyone noticing.