Author Topic: Need to configure UFW (Ubuntu Firewall) to allow traffic on local testnet  (Read 1403 times)

Offline JohnWave

• View Profile
Hello there!

I recently compiled bitshares form the source code and was having issues connecting cli_wallet to the witness node.

After some reading int he forum, someone has suggested disabling ufw altogether and reboot.

That actually worked however I am weary of leaving my cloud server exposed with no firewall up.

Here are is the CLI command with the error.

$ ./cli_wallet --wallet-file=my-wallet.json --chain-id (THIS IS MY CHAIN ID - I REMOVED IT FROM HERE) --server-rpc-endpoint=ws://127.0.0.1:11011

Logging RPC to file: logs/rpc/rpc.log
1069602ms th_a       main.cpp:120                  main                 ] key_to_wif( committee_private_key ): (REMOVED BY ME)
1069603ms th_a       main.cpp:124                  main                 ] nathan_pub_key: (REMOVED BY ME)
1069603ms th_a       main.cpp:125                  main                 ] key_to_wif( nathan_private_key ): (REMOVED BY ME)
1069606ms th_a       main.cpp:172                  main                 ] wdata.ws_server: ws://127.0.0.1:11011
0 exception: unspecified
Timer Expired
    {"message":"Timer Expired"}
    asio  websocket.cpp:449 operator()

{"uri":"ws://127.0.0.1:11011"}
    th_a  websocket.cpp:678 connect

Does anyone know how to have the CLI play nice with UFW?

Thank you in advance!

--
JW