Author Topic: Missing active authority  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Scievr25

Thank you abit, I understood better what the problem is. I don't understand what has caused me to lose 1-2 keys from every account, but I was able to put them back with the exception of one key. I know that password too, but bitshares paper wallet doesn't show me the key, because it is too short. When I'm able to solve this, everything should be fine again.

Any ideas how to obtain the last private key?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Import all the keys into the wallet if you're using key-based multi-sig.
Use the "propose/approve" feature if you're using account-based multi-sig.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Scievr25

Okay, I'm an idiot, now I get the problem.

I have 2-4 active and owner keys in the accounts. I need all of them to get to equal level with the threshold. So pretty much I would need to sign multiple papers by myself. What can be done about this?

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
This usually means that your wallet is missing one of the keys. Double check and make sure that all your private keys are still in the wallet if not you will have to add/restore them.

Offline Scievr25

Hello,

I'm a big fan of BitShares all in all, but this is something that really has my blood boiling.

I now have total of 3 accounts in my control with the same problem - "tx failed, missing active authority." I'm effectively blocked out of using anything from my own accounts which if very nice. Wallets, brainkeys, etc. are safe and backed up, I remember passwords and all that, but I just can't use my accounts for pretty much anything. I have no idea what to do, I have tried anything I can think of.