Author Topic: Question about account creation  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Elendil999

Hello,

I made an account on October 8th to transfer my funds from bittrex. Ive been having some memory trouble with the process I went through and would appreciate some help from you guys because now that the user interface has been changed I cant seem to remember what I did.

I remember being quite confused by how many types of account and wallets there were, and I cant seem to remember if I made my account a broswer one or a cloud one. I remember after making my account I would press the little lockbox in the corner on and off and I dont remember it ever asking me for a password. Even I remember closing my broswer and reopening the page to verify how it worked because it was confusing to me at first, still not a single memory of ever entering a password of any kind.

Now when i log on to my previous bookmark (bitshare.org/wallet) it tells me about the new wallet and migrating there, it also says I have a local wallet detected and that I can backup my .bin file, which I had never seen or heard of before even after hours transfering funds and making an account. But nonetheless I can stll save it and now have a bin file, but when I try, to restore it on either the new wallet by importing the file, or in the client itself by doing the same thing, I cannot seem to ever get the password right. Now I have accounts in over 10 different websites and wallets and such, and a notepad and password manager that I save everything to, always, but somehow here I have nothing at all, I have the browser history of being there but nothing else saved or written by me. Ive tried every single password that I can think of ever using and am using on every other wallets and I cant seem to make it work at all. Ive even been trying to light-bruteforce it but so far I have had no success. I have no idea how thats possible especially since I have 30 000 bitshares.

I have found the user id that I used when I made the account, and tried logging on the cloud logging page as well with it but no luck either, still not sure if my account is browser or cloud, and I can see all my funds are still there. Im guessing since the old browser bookmark detects me and my local wallet it means I made that kind of account? Now another question im asking is, was it possible for the website to generate the password for me in that case, like it seems to do now for new accounts? Im completely dumfounded about this, as I have logged on before the update on october 25 quite a few times and never had a problem or had to think twice and suddendly nothing is working and im out of a lot of money. Plus ive found a really supringly high amount of people on various websites having quite exactly the same problem and never remembering having created any passwords of any kind or knowing exactly what their password is but still not being able to connect.

Is my only hope now to hire a hacker?

Thank you for your time