Author Topic: How to transfer my BTS funds from v0.4.27.1 to v2.0 ?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
Will it be even more difficult to migrate from 1.0 to 3.0 when it comes out?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline martelo

• View Profile
Hi everyone,

I have the v0.4.27.1 client wallet of BitShares on my computer and I registered my account on December 2014. Then I purchased all my BTS tokens on January 2015.

I exported my wallet to a .json wallet backup at that time (January 2015). In the last few days (November 2017), I decided to export my wallet to another .json wallet backup. Surprisingly, this new backup file is much bigger than the old one (18KB vs 4KB). I keep both versions in a safe place.

I now want to create a web wallet with BitShares v2.0 and import my .json wallet backup from v0.4.27.1 so that I could transfer my BTS funds to v2.0. However, I quickly found out that I could not directly import such an old .json backup into v2.0.

In addition, when I click on the “Check for updates” menu item, a window pops up mentioning that there is no update available. Therefore, I’m stuck with the v0.4.27.1 client wallet.

Does anybody have a procedure so that I could transfer my BTS funds from v0.4.27.1 to v2.0 ?

Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Louis