Author Topic: Every witness providing a public API node gets my vote.  (Read 12982 times)

Offline btspp

Email:contact@btsplusplus.com
Witness:btspp-witness

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline vianull

• View Profile
    • bts.ai
  • BitShares: vianull
witness.hiblockchain

wss://api.bts.ai (China)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:17:06 am by vianull »
We are bts.ai  team
Witness:  witness.hiblockchain
Standby Committee: btsai

Offline btspp

btspp-witness

wss://api.weaccount.cn  (China)
Email:contact@btsplusplus.com
Witness:btspp-witness

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
bangzi

API Node:
wss://btsfullnode.bangzi.info/ws (Germany)
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline startail

I am glad you are bringing this up. @xeroc 's worker needs votes ASAP. Most witnesses that run gateways provide public nodes. But that's not enough! My Public API node now runs at 66GB RAM and doubled the average open connections from last month. This is becoming the true cost of the infrastructure vs. running the witness node which can be now tweaked to run under 2GB RAM. I know @startail also provides the API node but is not voted in. There was some talk among the devs about reducing the RAM requirement for the full nodes and that would help lower the cost of the full nodes because right now we are looking at 96GB minimum, 128GB recommended and 256GB to be safe and we need several of them to handle the traffic.

Thanks for the mention, I do indeed run an access node on wss://bitshares.crypto.fans, located in Munich Germany, and has been in the clients access node list since its start. Since I'm still not an active witness, but found the lack of accessible nodes for the clients to few, it's just a connection node running with a little less memory and capabilities than a full API node.

I put it online at the time there wheren't that many access nodes available on the network, and it's been running stable since then.

It's running on an optimized server with ~20GB memory usage at the moment, and is heavly used by the community.
I'm looking at expanding towards a public API and faster access node, but so far I've haven't had the money to put out a bigger server(s) for this as I'm not gaining anything back for it.

However, I intend to start up a full featured node on a dedicated instance with full memory usage for the community in the soon future.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:04:03 pm by startail »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
please make sure to add a request to github to get your nodes listed

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Currently the node is locat in East US. However, it can easily be migrated to a region most in need. May I receive your suggestion?

That is great. Looks like it's in Boydton, Virginia USA. We finally have a strong API Nodes network in the USA. I counted 6 USA nodes now.

Offline Fox

Currently the node is locat in East US. However, it can easily be migrated to a region most in need. May I receive your suggestion?
Witness: fox

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
@sahkan Yes, I have added a TLS cert for: wss://api.vativ.io

Please reach out if you encounter any issues.

I appreciate your votes.

where's it located?

Offline Fox

@sahkan Yes, I have added a TLS cert for: wss://api.vativ.io

Please reach out if you encounter any issues.

I appreciate your votes.

Xeldal

I've got a new API server up and running.

wss://kc-us-dex.xeldal.com/ws
2x E5-2670 128GB

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
API server now live: ws://52.179.155.209

As load demands, I will add node(s) to a load balancer and publish the endpoint.
Do you also provide a secure websocket on this ip?

Offline Fox

API server now live: wss://api.vativ.io  (ws://52.179.155.209)

As load demands, I will add node(s) to a load balancer and publish the endpoint.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:07:33 pm by Fox »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Absolutely support Fav's initiative for making entry point more decentralized. Our team is always ready to assist and consult anyone, going to deploy public node. Just pm me or connect with our team in any of tm channels.

In any case, everyone always may rely on infrastructure of public nodes built by OpenLedger without any limitations. Feel free to use any of our aliases with or without adding "/ws" (for web sockets):
bitshares.openledger.info
dex.openledger.info
eu.openledger.info
openledger.co
openledger.io
openledger.hk

Current total load is around 20% of whole capacity. Most of nodes are located in EU.

voted for openledger witness.