Author Topic: General Questions: BitShares, OpenLedger & Obits  (Read 2059 times)

Offline nine99999999

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

1. When you say 'network' what's that mean exactly? Who/What is The Network?

Bitshares has what's called a "Reserve pool" that's where the network fees go. So the network can pay witnesses and developers out of that pool.

Offline nine99999999

Thanks for the reply, Ivan!

1. When you say 'network' what's that mean exactly? Who/What is The Network?

2. Fully understood.

Offline ivandev

• View Profile
Howdy
1) Only from accounts they refer and not more than 80% of fees, they pay. 20% always go to network.
2) BitShares.org and OpenLedger.io are only entry points (front-end or client, actually) to the same system. It doesn't matter, which one you're using in case of OBITS distribution. You hold your funds in account inside of BitShares BLOCKCHAIN, so no matter how do u like to access your account: either using desktop/web (like openledger.io or bitshares.org) client, or using console. You may even hold OBITS in LTM account and you won't lose anything.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:50:21 pm by ivandev »

Offline nine99999999

Hey Gang,

I recently became a Lifetime Member (LTM) because I want to support BitShares by investing more and teaching others but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the basics. I tried searching for these answers the past few days with no luck.

1. Can LTMs only get dividends/rewards from accounts they refer or do they also get part of the Network Fees?

2. I have my Obits in a separate account in OpenLedger because I wanted to earn rewards as the OpenLedger network grows, but then I learned that I can use the same login credentials to login to BitShares or OpenLedger. Is there a difference between holding my Obits in BitShares versus holding them in OpenLedger? I think I took the wrong approach there.

Thank you!!!