Author Topic: Setting up a simple Multisig 2fa style account?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline moto

• View Profile
Agreed, I thankfully setup two dummy accounts, with no money in them and did exactly that. Messed up the keys for one and locked the account up completely. So glad I didnt use an account with real funds. It could have easily turned into a catastrophic event.   We really need crystal clear instructions for this procedure.  I don't want to accidentally lock up my account, but also doing cold storage is not practical if I plan to trade with my funds.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Agree. This is very important issue and we need clear step by step instructions how to set up multi-fa accounts for most common use cases, like trading account.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
whatever you do, test it first with 2 empty accounts. messing up with the keys can end up in losing all money.

Offline moto

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I have been searching the web and the instructions section hard for a clear answer but can't find any luck. All the instructions for multisig in the new 2.0 gui are very vague and don't explain much.

All I am trying to do is Have my main account we will call Main1 and then have a secondary account which I will have on a separate computer, its only function is to confirm withdrawals/transactions.

What I have tried so far is within the active permissions settings of Main1, I have set my threshold to 2. Then I have added my secondary account with a value of 1 in addition to the already existing account (main1) with a value of 1.  All i receive are error messages. I have also tried using 3 accounts because I read somewhere that is what we need to do. But also no luck.

If someone could possibly add some clear steps on this process i think it will help many in the future. We all want a 2fa style security in our BTS wallets. Multisig really seems like the closest we will get for now until hardware options are available.

thank you so much in advance