Author Topic: proposal to create bitXCD  (Read 24780 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Since XCD is pegged to USD, is it good to create bitXCD and back it with bitUSD?

then how to set the smartcoin parameters?
Witnesses can feed a static price against base(USD). May still need to feed dynamic CER.

By the way, perhaps there are bugs about non-BTS backed assets, last year I've been playing with KITTY.CNY and remember there are some issues. Best make some tests on testnet first.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Since XCD is pegged to USD, is it good to create bitXCD and back it with bitUSD?

then how to set the smartcoin parameters?
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Cool.

All that is needed in order to create the symbol quickly is
* the fees
* the symbol name
* the precision
* collateral asset

(the latter three are important as they cannot be changed later on)

Also, the flip switch for smartcoin needs to be activated and cannot be flipped any more later on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:54:10 pm by xeroc »

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
in the past several months I have met Mr. Zheng Xiaojun several times, he is the board member of the Caribbean Free Trade Zone and is very interested in blockchain application. we discussed a lot about the possibility on creating one blockchain currency to solve a lot of problem generated in this area as the finance service there is far from developed.

I introduced Bitshares smartcoins to him and finally he agreed that this is a great solution to solve the problems in payments, exchange in that area. he would like to cooperate with Bitshares community to issue bitXCD and make it wildly used.

XCD is the symbol of Eastern Caribbean dollar, which is designed to peg USD at the rate 1USD=2.7XCD, more detail of XCD can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Caribbean_dollar

I suggest we create bitXCD soon to open a big area for smartcoin.

Mr. Zheng(left 4) and his team with Prime Minister of Dominica and other government officials

Mr.Zheng and his team with Prime Minister of Saint Lucia

Mr.Zheng is also the lead of World Blockchain Organization and Caribbean Institude of Block Chain Industry.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:21:36 pm by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com