Author Topic: Looking for help trying to run the 0.9.3c wallet. It won't launch!  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Bitsharering

• View Profile
Hey VDC

Type Amazon AWS Free Tier into Google - Signup for there $300 Free tier package - Create a free Windows VPS - Install the Windows Bitshares Desktop Client - Try restoring from there.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Well based on what you have done the next logical step is to simply try it on a Windows based machine.  You do not have any friends or family that have one?

Another option is to send the wallet files to a trusted individual on this site so they can try to get it working for you.  Might sound risky, but there are honest people around here.

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Do you know what version you started this procedure with?  IE what version did you first export that wallet from?

Did you try this on a Windows OS?

Have you followed the instructions here: http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html

Thanks for the reply!

I have two wallet.dat archives. One from 25th Feb 2014 and the other from 7th April 2014 and I haven't tried using windows. I'd have to go and buy a new computer to do that!

I have tried to run 0.9.3c and the GUI version always crashes at the end of the splash screen. The CLI version seems to work, but when I tell it to open the default wallet it says "no_such_wallet: wallet does not exist
No such wallet exists!"

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25555.0.html

I downloaded an archived blockchain and put the wallet.dat in the same directory with the blockchain -- .Bitshares -- which is in my home directory in linux.

Thanks!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Do you know what version you started this procedure with?  IE what version did you first export that wallet from?

Did you try this on a Windows OS?

Have you followed the instructions here: http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
So right now I think I need to get 0.4.24.1 built and running. Then after exporting that wallet I'll have to sort out the mess concerning the 0.9.3c wallet wallet.

That is the plan. Let's see how things pan out...

Thanks!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Found these concerning the build error. I literally have no idea how relevant those links are though -

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares1-core/issues/1540

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/86

If someone could direct me to where I can get help that would be great!

Maybe I can try running a virtual machine or running a livecd or something?

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
ClientWrapper.cpp:139         initialize           ] Starting client with data-dir: /home/kat/.BitShares
Loading config from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/config.json
Using blockchain checkpoints from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/checkpoints.json
Initializing state from built-in genesis file
Successfully replayed 0 blocks in 7 seconds.                         
Blockchain size changed from 0MiB to 0MiB.
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

That's the error.

Does anyone know where I might be able to ask for help geting either the 0.9.3c or 0.4.24.1 wallets to run?

Offline V D-C

• View Profile

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Okay I just noticed that the directory I made was called .Bitshares and the directory the 0.9.3c wallet was using, which it created itself, is called .BitShares. So I'm copying the blockchain over to that other directory to see if I can get it to launch once the copying is complete!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Looks like that's it for me. Without help you'll have to love me and leave me behind and carry on the journey without me. I know how upsetting that must be for you. Please just forget about me and enjoy the rest of your lives lol.

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
error: static assertion failed: Failed to reserve enough space in fc::fwd<T,S>
     void check_size() { static_assert( (ProvidedSize >= RequiredSize), "Failed to reser
                         ^
libraries/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/build.make:614: recipe for target 'libraries/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/io/sstream.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libraries/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/io/sstream.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:362: recipe for target 'libraries/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [libraries/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Back in the game guys hahaha. How did I know that was going to happen?

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Okay that worked and now it's building a wallet. The only problem is it's not in the same directory I started in so I have no idea which wallet it's trying to build. I was hoping to install 0.4.24.1. I don't want to get ahead of myself here because for all I know the build will crash before it it finishes the build process. Let's see what happens...

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Found this -

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15900.15

"git submodule update --init --recursive"

I'll try running that command...

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
CMake Error at libraries/fc/CMakeLists.txt:210 (add_subdirectory):
  The source directory

/bitshares1-core-bts-0.4.24.1/bitshares/libraries/fc/vendor/websocketpp

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- Found Curses: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurses.so 
-- Finished fc module configuration...
-- Using  as BerkeleyDB root
-- Looking for: db_cxx-6.0
-- debug/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdb_cxx.sooptimized/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdb_cxx.so
-- Found BerkeleyDB: /usr/include 
-- Enabling Bitcoin Core Wallet Imports
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!