Author Topic: Ethereum Google+ Hangout (This is how you create Buzz)  (Read 4101 times)

Offline fuzzy

What if we established a Marketing Bounty program to help drive marketing, awareness, and adoption? If we can reward bounties to people for writing blogs, podcasts, Facebook pages, or articles, then include small bounties for people to share or post to major social media platforms, we can spread the message far and wide. We will have to reach a consensus in the community of message that we want to put forth, that way we can have some sort of impact on the narrative.

This community has some brilliant concepts with extremely talented devs, but we haven't even scratched the surface of what is capable. People need to know that this community exists, and if we don't market the concepts we could all potentially lose out in the end.

Yeh, I think some things are already starting to come together and it is nice to see it.  The great thing about this decentralized concept is that we can literally have people who cover their own niches in this community who also meet up with each other and discuss importance news and developments, sociological aspects, monetary policy, art, marketing...etc.  These types of things take time but they steadily grow once a solid foundation is in place for a long enough period of time. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline thazel72

• View Profile
What if we established a Marketing Bounty program to help drive marketing, awareness, and adoption? If we can reward bounties to people for writing blogs, podcasts, Facebook pages, or articles, then include small bounties for people to share or post to major social media platforms, we can spread the message far and wide. We will have to reach a consensus in the community of message that we want to put forth, that way we can have some sort of impact on the narrative.

This community has some brilliant concepts with extremely talented devs, but we haven't even scratched the surface of what is capable. People need to know that this community exists, and if we don't market the concepts we could all potentially lose out in the end.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 06:46:27 am by thazel72 »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
If you have chops, I want to give you a platform.   Honestly Invictus should be the sole sponsor of this show for the first six months at least.

email me adam@letstalkbitcoin.com  I'm talking with a guy over at NXT who is doing the same thing for their community, I want to have a show for every metalayer :)   They all have their own developing, rich ecosystem and I want to keep up on all of them but don't have enough time lol.  I could do four hours a week, and then take the best segments from each week to make a show that mixes content from all protocols.

I would love to have them as the sole sponsor.  However, I would also like to start doing interviews and updates from DACs that start adding onto the cornerstone Invictus has laid.  As far as the platform, I am interested in your opinions on this matter.  I have pm'd Bytemaster on the forums for a kind of informal blessing beforehand as I would like to ensure the message I convey is one running parallel to the wishes of both the community and Dev team as opposed to just pumping it full of topics and discussions that potentially run counter the plans Invictus is planning for their move forward.

I would also like to start giving voice to the individual community members who are building useful utilities for the community so they can debut their work for the community and see visual step-by-step guides to utilizing these tools to the greatest effect. 

Bytemaster and I spoke about this today, sounds like he's into it!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline fuzzy

If you have chops, I want to give you a platform.   Honestly Invictus should be the sole sponsor of this show for the first six months at least.

email me adam@letstalkbitcoin.com  I'm talking with a guy over at NXT who is doing the same thing for their community, I want to have a show for every metalayer :)   They all have their own developing, rich ecosystem and I want to keep up on all of them but don't have enough time lol.  I could do four hours a week, and then take the best segments from each week to make a show that mixes content from all protocols.

I would love to have them as the sole sponsor.  However, I would also like to start doing interviews and updates from DACs that start adding onto the cornerstone Invictus has laid.  As far as the platform, I am interested in your opinions on this matter.  I have pm'd Bytemaster on the forums for a kind of informal blessing beforehand as I would like to ensure the message I convey is one running parallel to the wishes of both the community and Dev team as opposed to just pumping it full of topics and discussions that potentially run counter the plans Invictus is planning for their move forward.

I would also like to start giving voice to the individual community members who are building useful utilities for the community so they can debut their work for the community and see visual step-by-step guides to utilizing these tools to the greatest effect. 

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:20:47 pm by fuznuts »

Offline James212

• View Profile
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline fuzzy

Pretty little shitstorm building on BTCtalk regarding Ethereums epically greedy IPO and premine, and alleged ties to Goldman Sachs. I don't know what is true but I'm sure as hell not going to buy in. Emphasizing on the community aspect of 3I, its non-greedy nature and the overall fairness might rally some underdog support.

this for example is a topic where it might be good to reply and distinguish:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432207.0

Well I am offering to do this largely for free as a (nongreedy) means of promoting society-changing DACs.  I love this community and would like to give back where I can...especially DAC devs who are willing to sign on to work for the betterment of the entire community.

Ultimately, I would like to build this up and improve it over time.  I have posted elsewhere to see where Bytemaster stands on using this platform to occasionally give community updates and advertise Key Bounties...etc. 

I will likely only accept PTS/AGS (if/when AGS become tradable) donations to help give credence to ProtoShares as a liquid vehicle for transferring value...or donations from DAC creators in Shares of their own DACs to further act within social consensus and promote the social infrastructure.

@AdamBLevine--any guidance in the area of advertising and cheap/free webpublishing tools would be wonderful (so I don't have to reinvent the wheel).  Though I am doing this for the community I have grown to consider family (thanks Sy_), I would gladly accept tips from the wealthiest community members if they feel this brings value to our community (and, thus, their portfolio). 

Please continue the discussion with positive and negative feedback.  And, of course, if you would like to see this happen, bump this with a +1 and direct the Dev team to this post.  Thank you greatly for your kind words!

If you have a ProtoShares-Honoring DAC you would like to promote, please PM me and we will talk it over. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:33:52 pm by fuznuts »

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Pretty little shitstorm building on BTCtalk regarding Ethereums epically greedy IPO and premine, and alleged ties to Goldman Sachs. I don't know what is true but I'm sure as hell not going to buy in. Emphasizing on the community aspect of 3I, its non-greedy nature and the overall fairness might rally some underdog support.

this for example is a topic where it might be good to reply and distinguish:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432207.0

Offline oco101

• View Profile
100 % I agree with every point you make. It is absolutely urgent to move quickly, Ethereum buzz is all over the place .
 I know Brian is working in a much need it marketing campaign right now and this is great, but I think there are so many things that can be done right away, especially that now there are enough money to do it. For starter, I think there should be someone working  full time on the http://invictus.io/  site. It looks great and gives you a global idea but for someone new coming to the site, if he wants to know more about Bitshare X, Bitshare or Keyhotee there is not much to go, there is nothing there that helps you to go deeper e.g. all the information that is here : http://invictus-innovations.com/links/ should appear on the new website. There need to be examples, graphics, video , wiki (there is nothing on the wiki now), whitepapers, blog, twitter, facebook etc. To me this should be the number 1 priority.
A  full time employee  would have a lot a information that could work with right now, no need to understand everything right away , that person should work with the community. I'm sure everybody  is willing to help, those things you can't do it with bounties. Time is of essence.
I think website, marketing, and great initiatives, like fuznuts proposes here, should move us in the right direction.
By the way, this is not criticism, this is intended to be constructive. I know bytemaster and the team  are working as hard and fast as  they could, but still they are humans (not sure about bytemaster tough :) ) but they can't do everything. 3I should start using the Ags funds to hire people and I'm not talking only about programmers.

Offline fuzzy

I love the concept of DAC Platform, but it definitely ruffles my feathers when people come out saying they were the pioneers.  Just tastes a bit too much of Bill Gates' stolen success.  The biggest issue, to me, is that if we adopt a platform created by people willing to lie to get mass adoption, what else will they be willing to do down the road? 

They are getting buzz because people are going out on twitter and posting about them all over the place.  Viral Marketing is how they are doing it.  Creating a bit of mystique around their brand before it launches was one part of it, but having meetups and interviews with lead devs in the industry not only brings up the level of "product" awareness to potential users, but also sets the stage to recruit more talent to their community. 

BitCoin had the first-movers advantage and that is PRECISELY the image Ethereum is moving to attain (though a bit shady imo).  If this keeps up and Invictus doesn't find some way to fight back against this, I honestly do not see how they win.  I would like to think it would be the product that would win it for them long-term, but if Invictus relies on the value of their #PTS and #BTC donations, Ethereum, if not handled properly could cripple project development long before it starts on some projects. 

Not trying to be negative as I believe there is more than enough room at the table for everyone, but this is potentially a very concerning development. 

If you would like to see what I mean, just take a second and go to twitter--then compare the results when you type in ProtoShares, Invictus Innovations, BitShares...compared to "Ethereum".  There is absolutely no time to mess around with getting Invictus out there...name recognition is #1 priority and the Invictus Brand will certainly suffer if they lose this their status as the pioneer in the public's mind.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I agree this is a very good idea. Etherum is creating a lot of buzz right now, they manage to do it somehow.  Hopefully with that kind of initiatives and with the marketing campaign that Brian is orchestrating, 3I will get the buzz going.

I have nothing against Etherum it is a great idea. I just don't like there fundraising model.

So yes this is a great idea really :)

Offline fuzzy

Your encouragement means alot Adam.  Consider the offer open and awaiting approval from the Devs/Community.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

I would gladly host weekly hangout-styled interviews with the Invictus Team for updates on progress, changes, opinions. 

I would very much encourage this.

Offline fuzzy

This is a cheap means of establishing the Invictus Innovation's Brand.  I am only 18min in but suffice it to say, Vitalik Buterin is already trying to say this is the first of its kind...of course, noone in the crypto community would know any different at this juncture since there are no Invictus faces and voices on the net.  Outreach creates Buzz, Hangouts can be nearly free and can be leveraged for cheap advertisement and to establish a foundation to stand as a bulwark against other teams try to say they were first to this arena. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnojp454DA

I would gladly host weekly hangout-styled interviews with the Invictus Team for updates on progress, changes, opinions. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:31:12 am by fuznuts »