Author Topic: Message to the Developers  (Read 13689 times)

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Oh look, 4 new users showing up the same day after 4 years of silence with a single message, and one dude making a fuss, calling the devs psychopaths, THE DAY AFTER the 4 aforementioned users wrote their single message. 100% legit.

Yes, this is a common issue. That is kind of my point. The people who invested in this project in good faith years ago are today being completely ignored and generally treated awfully.

That is the wrong way to behave toward the guys who helped make the project what it is today. Generally when someone invests in a project and the project does well the faith and vision from early investors is rewarded. The exact opposite is occurring with this project. That is the wrong attitude.

I am wondering how this can be allowed to happen and why so many people on this forum believe they are justified to act this way?

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Oh look, 4 new users showing up the same day after 4 years of silence with a single message, and one dude making a fuss, calling the devs psychopaths, THE DAY AFTER the 4 aforementioned users wrote their single message. 100% legit.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Are the devs inconsiderate psychopaths or something.
I'd suggest you ask *politely*, and be *patient*.

To the devs.

*Please* can you help the people who invested in your project from the beginning. Right now they are losing out while others profit off their backs. The early investors had both the vision to see where your project could lead and faith in the BitShares team. They put their money into your project and I feel right now you are letting some of these people down by not making it easier for them to redeem their shares. I *patiently* await your reply.

Thanks.

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
and not following your investment for 3-4 years and then wake up and start some drama... guess what. your money, your problem.

Is this the official line from the current dev team? I don't know if your being an admin means you are speaking for the team here or not.

Whatever, I'm sorry you feel I'm making a drama out of nothing because that's not the way I'm seeing things.

The early investors are the people who helped make this project what it is today. It is wrong to now turn around and contemptuously sneer in their faces, acting like they are wasting your precious time when they come asking for help. Do you not see that?

And I want to make this clear for a second time THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT EITHER MONEY OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT. IT'S A QUESTION OF ETHICS.

Your reasoning is very immature and self-centred and honestly makes no sense to me "guess what. your money, your problem." When someone needs help and I'm in a position to help, Guess what? I HELP THEM AND EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN BECAUSE THE ACT OF HELPING WITH LOVE AND CARE IS THE GREATEST GIFT THERE IS.

This will probably be my last post in this thread because I can't be around people whose thinking is so alien to my nature. It makes communication as good as impossible and just ends up wasting everyone's time. The lonely, cold hearted capitalistic "ethic" seems to have got a grip of your heart and turned you away from real human emotion -- "I'm doing alright and I'll be damned if you expect me to care about anyone else." That is the very definition of a psychopath, or in literal terms sick soul.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:29:49 pm by V D-C »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
and not following your investment for 3-4 years and then wake up and start some drama... guess what. your money, your problem.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Are the devs inconsiderate psychopaths or something.

No, they aren't. Unlike some forum users, it seems.

The current development team has nothing to do with Cryptonomex and/or Invictus Innovations, who received the early funding. So your demands and accusations are misplaced.

There are threads in the "technical support" section of the forum where some users offer help for such cases. Note that these offers are on a voluntary basis, so I'd suggest you ask *politely*, and be *patient*.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Thanks for the concern, Brekyrself. However, this is not an issue that will be resolved by getting at my funds, that issue is at best very much secondary. I am talking about an ethical issue -- simple human decency.

It is wrong to treat people the way the Bitshares team are right now. Never mind the people who put good faith in the BitShares team right from the start are now directly losing out as the project goes from strength to strength, really off their broken backs.

I could not sleep at night if I were in the position the devs are right now. So I'm wondering what exactly is going on here? Are the devs inconsiderate psychopaths or something. What is going on with this project?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:39:13 am by V D-C »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
@fluxer555 has helped many people with these types of issues.  Try sending him a personal message on here.

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Are the developers aware people who invested in this project right from the beginning are being treated like fools right now?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25545.0.html

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25533.0.html

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25535.0.html

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25531.0.html

You would not be where you are today without these people. None of you.

Who is responsible for this and what are your plans to make things right?

If no developers post to the forum can someone make them aware of the problem and ask the person in charge to make a comment? How difficult can it be to get one of the devs to make the process of migration to the current wallet a bit easier?

Thanks.