Author Topic: Introducing EasyDex -- Simplifying services to bring Bitshares to the masses!  (Read 5991 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Guys, he just announced that they are going to do something nice for the ecosystem (or at least try) and they don't even ask for money. Why so much skepticism? It's not like they are scamming money out of the platform - let them do their thing
+5%
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline EasyDex

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Part of our vagueness was rather intentional. For instance, while all of the founders share a strong Libertarian to AnarchoCapitalist ideology, we tried to tone down our political rhetoric as our target audience will be people who are new to crypto and not necessarily so politically minded. In fact, it is our primary goal to introduce people to this technology that will have a strong libertarianizing effect upon people who otherwise might not see themselves as such. Since we will be providing bridge services for most (with a few exceptions, ie: Ripple) major cryptos, others that might not have gotten the attention we feel they deserve yet, as well as fiats we try to have something for everyone. Speculators will be able to speculate in a wide variety of currencies without having to use some shady centralized exchange while savers will likely be attracted to our portfolio building token that will allow them to hedge their bets by receiving sharedrops of a wide variety of tokens. We also have other tokens in the works but don't want to announce them until we are further down the road. As far as the UX/UI goes, we have several ideas to make the services easy enough for a grandmother to use but also want to stay open-minded and hear the thoughts and suggestions of the community as well. It is our thoughts that not having too strict of a framework in these initial days will help others in the community feel comfortable providing their input into the project as well. As per our projected timeline, right now we are primarily focused on the variety of problems that come with creating the tethered crypto and fiat assets that each provide a unique challenge, particularly the fiats. Since our team is currently composed of tech and financial experts we are also expanding our team to include people with more design and marketing expertise so forgive us if at the moment we aren't the best at describing our beautifying our project. These things are being worked on. Additionally, we are aware of the changes that have been made and are currently being made since this project was conceived as far as changes to the current UI and new wallet options and are monitoring them closely. All of us are very familiar with Dan's work both previous and upcoming and largely share his visions and we agree that many different wallet designs and services are necessary for Bitshares to realize its full potential.
Check us out at www.easydex.net!

Offline Thom

First let me apologize for the attitude you're facing here. @fav is one our trusted, long term ecosystem supporters but he doesn't pull his punches and is not afraid to tell you his opinion. I will not withhold my opinion either but will try to be constructive.

I disagree with fav's assessment of your website. Yes is is very simple, but it is modern and based on common single page layout. I also agree with you about the importance of the website working well with the widest number of browsers.

I am disappointed however that your announcement info is IMO, quite limited. You haven't described your team's political orientation, identity (not required but helps establish a rep; you can also do that thru providing quality services, but it will take more time to establish your competency and reputation to get established in the eyes of the community).

The founders of this ecosystem, as with most of the early crypto projects, had a highly libertarian perspective. They realize the impact cryptocurrencies will have on the world and are well aware of the opposition that will come when the financial oligarchs realize their power is being taken away by empowering individuals with peer to peer, censorship resistant blockchain technology.

In short my assessment is you seem to have good intentions but your efforts need refinement. Moreover you haven't described your plan in sufficient detail to provide confidence your team can pull this off or that you understand the market or have identified specific shortcomings and powerful features in the UI you will address. Have you identified your target audience specifically? "Mainstream" users is way to broad to know what features will be considered important. You have traders, holders, speculators and many other divisions within that "mainstream" definition, and IMO you will need to first identify the target user profile you will base your UI design on. I have always thought BitShares provides such a wide array of services and features it will require several wallet UI designs (or UI modes) to address the needs of a wider demographic will demand. Traders and savers (looking to find a safe haven for funds in the precarious mainstream financial institutions) have conflicting requirements; traders like volatility and savers don't for example. 

Although the mission and vision of the founders of this community were strongly libertarian and freedom oriented, we now see a lot of "mainstream people" coming to crypto that don't care about such principles. If this experiment in building an independent, alternative, freedom promoting economic system becomes diluted and dominated with mainstream thinkers who want mainstream adoption regardless of the cost to personal freedom and financial independence, we will become even more enslaved, controlled, monitored & regulated.   

Also, are you aware of the other efforts in progress as well as already deployed of other wallet designs that improve newbie onboarding? How will your efforts differ from those?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:10:35 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline EasyDex

We've already put hundreds of man hours and thousands of dollars into the project registering the company, paying the lawyers, etc to set up services that will benefit everyone on the platform. We have not asked anyone for any financial contributions as of yet and don't plan to do so. Our token is a portfolio builder token (that will benefit the holders more than it will us) and won't be official announced until the bridge services that back it have been created. The internet is full of people who have pre-sold ICO tokens based on names and promises that never manifested. We would like our services to speak for themselves. Of course, our profiles will be added to the site before the tokens are officially announced and some of the services will be online. As I pointed out earlier, the site is under construction and the goal of this post was to start building the community and see what services are most needed. Your welcome to join us on Telegram or Discord if you have any questions or suggestions.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Guys, he just announced that they are going to do something nice for the ecosystem (or at least try) and they don't even ask for money. Why so much skepticism? It's not like they are scamming money out of the platform - let them do their thing

Have a look at their white paper.... they will ask for money. Otherwise, why would they create their token??? the token is actually already created!
As long as I don't see real faces, with real names, on a project... I won't consider it as a real project.

@Project owner: please provide your real name, linkedIn profile, project partners...

Maybe they will, but they still haven't.
I'm sure when the token sale will start they'll provide all necessary information. Why all the animosity right now?

The idea itself is not bad at all.

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile

Have a look at their white paper.... they will ask for money. Otherwise, why would they create their token??? the token is actually already created!
As long as I don't see real faces, with real names, on a project... I won't consider it as a real project.

@Project owner: please provide your real name, linkedIn profile, project partners...

Offline Ravid

• View Profile

Offline EasyDex

The website is under construction as clearly stated on the first page. However, it is functional regardless of which browser you use..... I think that's important. Have you tried using wallet.bitshares.org in Opera?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
> A simplified, more intuitive proprietary UX/UI for the Bitshares platform with embedded services

even a 5 year old could build a better looking website than yours to be honest

Offline EasyDex

The purpose of this thread is just to introduce people to the idea so that they will know what it is when we start announcing services as they come online and to start building the community.  I didn't mention the tokens in this thread because this isn't an ICO announcement.  Unlike the majority of ICOs, we're not trying to sell an idea based on a white paper that may or may not manifest but instead, will be adding services in the coming days and weeks. Since the token is based on the bridge services we'll probably be officially announcing the tokens when the bridge services start coming online.

Offline ngenko01

• View Profile
I would expect a little bit more than such a paper to invest in this project. At least mockups that shows your ideas to make it simpler.

Offline EasyDex

While Bitshares provides the greatest platform in  the crypto space, mass adoption of the platform has been slow. Through our research and experience we have found that the largest barrier for new users has been confusion using the platform. While Bitshares offers the fastest and one of the cheapest means of trading and transferring crypto assets, inexperienced users have trouble learning to use the platform and understanding the various benefits it offers. EasyDex was conceived to solve these problems. Our goal is to provide a suite of easy to use services built on the Bitshares platform while integrating with other projects to maintain the technological cutting edge.  We will accomplish our goals by the creation of many services including but not limited to:

• A simplified, more intuitive proprietary UX/UI for the Bitshares platform with embedded services
  • Tethered crypto and fiat assets transparently matched with a greater amount of the asset in our wallets and accounts
  • Easy fiat deposits and withdrawals
  • A fast and inexpensive payment system that is easy for both merchants and customers to use
  • A simplified API for easy integration
  • A smart contract/dapp building engine and hosting service for the upcoming EOS platform

Other services will eventually include a marketplace, crypto ATMs, CFDs, margin trading/lending, a blockchain blogging platform and many  more.

EasyDex is currently under construction but you can learn more at www.easydex.net, join the conversation at Discord or Telegram, or follow us on Twitter. Additionally, you can download our whitepaper here.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:04:04 pm by EasyDex »