Author Topic: Bitshares open ledger hacked?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
I think it is a little ridiculous to claim open ledger is hacked.

What is your bitshares username so we can check it on cryptofresh?

By the way, if you ever transfer Bitcoin to a Bitcoin ATM the same thing happens. As soon as you deposit to the ATM, the funds get moved even before the confirms get done, and before you are eligible to get cash out of the ATM.

When that happened to me, I didn't ask if the Bitcoin ATM was hacked. I called the support line, and they said, "that is because we sell the deposit right away" but incase there is a Bitcoin fork or something else, we require more confirms before the machine pays you.

You on the other hand, assume right away open ledger is hacked (which is wrong), please be careful posting things like this... it is alarmist FUD material that isn't necessary.

Jumping to conclusions isn't very good for Bitshares or the community.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:50:25 am by crypto4ever »

Offline trow26

• View Profile
Hallo everybody

Today I had a strange experience! It goes like this: I logged in to my wallet in order to deposit some bitcoins. It ask me to generate a new bitcoin address. I did that. Then I had some bitcoin send to that address. So far so good. But they did not turn up. (I dobblechecked the address, it was correct)I then checked the transaction, and now it becomes strange! See for yourself:

https://blockchain.info/address/1FxPCi7XCZAycWZKrwNkSYotkHCfqjrHuH

Notice the red arrow abow the green arrow!

It says that the delivery to my bitcoin address was confirmed, and the about ten minutes later the bitcoin was send on from that same address to another bitcoin address! I did not do that! So my question is: Was my wallet hacked? Did someone make it generate his own address? Any suggestions or ideas on what went wrong? I should point out that my wallet does not even show any signs of that bitcoin arriving to it, as if the trick was actually done somewhere outside the wallet. I really appreciate your input on this, and would like to hear if anyone else have experienced similar.