Author Topic: How can I view the complete transaction history or order history?  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• Global Moderator
  • 13 years of being Slackware abUser
    • View Profile
    • BitShares 3.0
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Re: How can I view the complete transaction history or order history?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 01:11:56 am »
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try and let you know in the next few weeks.

You are most welcome, i feel better already seeing that you are not under pressure anymore. Take your time, i'm around. :)

Cheers,

Luci
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org through Consensus
Move Institute - RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia, SI.

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 10:06:10 am »
Unfortunately, I'm still under pressure. In addition, I don't currently have much time to solve the problem myself.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
Tried to use "uptick history" and python bitshares library directly to get account history, in either case it prints maximum 1000 recent transactions (default limit is 100).

[member=120]xeroc[/member] could you comment why this library behaves like this? How are we supposed to report our profit to tax authorities?

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 05:20:17 pm »
Tried to use "uptick history" and python bitshares library directly to get account history, in either case it prints maximum 1000 recent transactions (default limit is 100).

[member=120]xeroc[/member] could you comment why this library behaves like this? How are we supposed to report our profit to tax authorities?

Don't be ridiculous.  Obviously you do it more frequently, rather than wait a whole year and then go "oh! I should find out what I did all year for tax purposes".

Every cash register in the world reports daily transaction summaries, and that's the way retail business has operated for a long time.

If your trading activity is that hectic that the last 1000 transactions isn't enough and you are making more than 1000 trades in a 24 hour period, then you should write your own bot to watch your transactions for you.

Self assessing your profit/loss by summarizing your activity either daily, weekly, or monthly is something you should be doing all along.  How else can you gauge your performance properly?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:25:35 pm by crypto4ever »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 06:32:39 pm »

Don't be ridiculous.  Obviously you do it more frequently, rather than wait a whole year and then go "oh! I should find out what I did all year for tax purposes".

Every cash register in the world reports daily transaction summaries, and that's the way retail business has operated for a long time.

If your trading activity is that hectic that the last 1000 transactions isn't enough and you are making more than 1000 trades in a 24 hour period, then you should write your own bot to watch your transactions for you.

Self assessing your profit/loss by summarizing your activity either daily, weekly, or monthly is something you should be doing all along.  How else can you gauge your performance properly?

Yeah, right, every user should write his own bot to watch his transactions, and his own gui, and his own charting tools, etc. This would make bitshares so fucking awesome user friendly. Why Xeroc made his uptick tool? That was a waste of his time, because converting cryptic bullshit which API spits at you into human readable numbers is so fun, that every user should try this on his own. Sorry that I did not get it right.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 07:27:30 pm »
Poloniex has an example of how the Bitshares trade history SHOULD be. Any reason why it isn't like Poloniex? /sigh

I was told this was "in the works" many months ago.

It's a HUGE drawback for BTS currently. No wonder the price tanked...

Someone please create a worker for this!

Offline Methodise

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47:31 pm »
I'm sure I saw someone post a solution to this somewhere.
BTS: methodise

Offline Methodise

BTS: methodise