Author Topic: How can I view the complete transaction history or order history?  (Read 10596 times)

Offline Methodise

I'm sure I saw someone post a solution to this somewhere.
BTS: methodise

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Poloniex has an example of how the Bitshares trade history SHOULD be. Any reason why it isn't like Poloniex? /sigh

I was told this was "in the works" many months ago.

It's a HUGE drawback for BTS currently. No wonder the price tanked...

Someone please create a worker for this!

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Tried to use "uptick history" and python bitshares library directly to get account history, in either case it prints maximum 1000 recent transactions (default limit is 100).

@xeroc could you comment why this library behaves like this? How are we supposed to report our profit to tax authorities?

Don't be ridiculous.  Obviously you do it more frequently, rather than wait a whole year and then go "oh! I should find out what I did all year for tax purposes".

Every cash register in the world reports daily transaction summaries, and that's the way retail business has operated for a long time.

If your trading activity is that hectic that the last 1000 transactions isn't enough and you are making more than 1000 trades in a 24 hour period, then you should write your own bot to watch your transactions for you.

Self assessing your profit/loss by summarizing your activity either daily, weekly, or monthly is something you should be doing all along.  How else can you gauge your performance properly?

Yeah, right, every user should write his own bot to watch his transactions, and his own gui, and his own charting tools, etc. This would make bitshares so fucking awesome user friendly. Why Xeroc made his uptick tool? That was a waste of his time, because converting cryptic bullshit which API spits at you into human readable numbers is so fun, that every user should try this on his own. Sorry that I did not get it right.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Tried to use "uptick history" and python bitshares library directly to get account history, in either case it prints maximum 1000 recent transactions (default limit is 100).

@xeroc could you comment why this library behaves like this? How are we supposed to report our profit to tax authorities?

Don't be ridiculous.  Obviously you do it more frequently, rather than wait a whole year and then go "oh! I should find out what I did all year for tax purposes".

Every cash register in the world reports daily transaction summaries, and that's the way retail business has operated for a long time.

If your trading activity is that hectic that the last 1000 transactions isn't enough and you are making more than 1000 trades in a 24 hour period, then you should write your own bot to watch your transactions for you.

Self assessing your profit/loss by summarizing your activity either daily, weekly, or monthly is something you should be doing all along.  How else can you gauge your performance properly?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:25:35 pm by crypto4ever »

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I'm still under pressure. In addition, I don't currently have much time to solve the problem myself.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try and let you know in the next few weeks.

You are most welcome, i feel better already seeing that you are not under pressure anymore. Take your time, i'm around. :)

Cheers,

Luci
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
2) You are telling someone non technical to DEPLOY A FULL NODE ON HIS OWN AND DO TRANSACTION HISTORY ? You are having a piss or a blast with reason in your head ?

Do you always abuse people who merely set a wrong (and dangerously so) answer from you straight?

I don't abuse. :) You are just too emotional about it. This is all just business support and opinions. I didn't mean to be rude, but I did obviously. Please accept my sincere apology.

Many thanks,

Luci
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:12:54 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try and let you know in the next few weeks.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
2) You are telling someone non technical to DEPLOY A FULL NODE ON HIS OWN AND DO TRANSACTION HISTORY ? You are having a piss or a blast with reason in your head ?

Do you always abuse people who merely set a wrong (and dangerously so) answer from you straight?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Step 1.

Deploy Ubuntu Xenial 16.04 Server 64bit on your node/server. You can download torrent here http://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-16.04.3-server-amd64.iso.torrent

I strongly suggest torrent download instead of regular one, since ubuntu download servers are having limit on bandwidth.

Make sure there is minimum 60GB available on SSD and 3GB of ram minimum for the instance itself.

SSD needs to be with higher IOPS. (Input/Output-Write/Read Per Second)

Ubuntu should be deployed with following partition structure of 60GB.

47GB /root/
12GB swap
1GB split for
/boot/
Primary bootable partition

I prefer Primary Disks instead of Logical (LVM) ones.

If you are doing manual setup, set auto updates to off (no updates).

Step 2.

After installation and setup is done, install following packages with apt-get and optimize the system in order to set the best performance for the swap:

a) sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install htop iotop automake autoconf cmake git libboost-all-dev libssl-dev g++ bzip2:i386

b) sudo sysctl vm.swappiness=20
     To add this to default so you don't get screwed on each reboot, you have to add one line to the following file using editor
     sudo vi /etc/sysctl.conf

add at the very bottom (new, last line) of the file:
      vm.swappiness=20

save the file and reboot the system.

Step 3.

Now when you are all tidy and super balanced for this to be very fast you proceed on your ubuntu terminal to the step of deploying Bitshares to your instance:

at the home login of your user ( /home/user/ ) first place after user login execute this commands.

git clone https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core.git
cd bitshares-core
git submodule update --init --recursive
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .
make

Once the process is done, let me know here, i'll guide you to initialization and config check before the node sync/rebuild. I will also check our latest compressed block replicate is valid or not in the meantime, so you don't have to sync but just rebuild from downloaded file.

Cheers,

Luci.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:04:29 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
[
Can someone provide a detailed guide that allows technically average informed people to get this export done?
PM me, if you want tutorial/step by step help.

Make it public, many people would be interested to know this.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
You can always submit to IRS official documentation and say the truth "They don't support instant export of financial books, i have to pay and wait for the process of generating such reports", as any other reasonable person would do in your case.

My place of residence is not in the USA. By IRS, I meant "tax authorities" in my country. But maybe I can do the same thing.

1) Find a friend, wife, sister, cousin who is a bit technical and ever used Linux or Mac and you are 40% good to go.

I am a little bit technical. I have also used Ubuntu before. Besides, I'm good at reading myself in. But I need a good detailed guide for this exact problem. However, my basic knowledge is limited. Of course, I don't want to study for days just to get a simple export. The trustworthy people around me have little technical understanding.

Despite technical hurdles, OpenLedger should still simplify this process for laymen. Taxes affect most people and sooner or later most of them will have to deal with the subject. I think such problems limit the growth of OpenLedger and bitshares.

Can someone provide a detailed guide that allows technically average informed people to get this export done?
PM me, if you want tutorial/step by step help.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Despite technical hurdles, OpenLedger should still simplify this process for laymen. Taxes affect most people and sooner or later most of them will have to deal with the subject. I think such problems limit the growth of OpenLedger and bitshares.

It may be very difficult for one company to provide a tax service for every possible jurisdiction. However, export of history based on simple filters should be provided as a built into client feature or as a stand alone tool. This is a high demand feature. 100 records is not enough to prepare a tax form.