Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Witness Proposal] neoreel-1 - Montreal (East-Coast USA-Canada)

<< < (2/5) > >>

pc:
The actual witness nodes are not (or at least should not be) allow incoming connections from the general internet. They typically run in a very limited configuration, for performance and security reasons.

Many witnesses are running additional nodes as seeds, and sometimes as full (API) nodes as well. Witness pay is quite generous, I think we can reasonably expect witnesses to run a full node as well.

NeoReel:
Stupid question. Are all the witnesses also full nodes? Can you be one without the other?
I wanted a new full node in North-East America/Canada because I think things might be slow up here for us and I also want to be accepted as a witness, but I might have no chance at all becoming an active witness in the forseeable future.
Should I push for the full node worker proposal first and then the witness proposal, or are they both tied together? I guess if the trust is put into the witness, then you are automatically accepted as a full node... Let me know how it goes!

Thanks!

NeoReel:
Thanks for your feedback abit.
Yep, been thinking on having the witness separate from full node, and I've been reading on setting up a hot swappable witness node and started fooling around with the testnet witness.

As for the price feed, I started implementing Xeroc's version but ran into a few issues. I'll get back to this asap.

Cheers,

abit:

--- Quote from: NeoReel on January 15, 2018, 04:09:41 pm ---I don't think there is a node in Vancouver... But now there is in Montreal! :)

The witness can be connected to using wss://relinked.com/ws
It is great to finaly have Low Latency! Currently at 111ms when I use to get 1500ms to 2000ms with all the other nodes.

--- End quote ---
Hi, for better security, witnesses (block producing nodes) should be running separately from API service nodes (the ones serving wss:// to public).

Witnesses should setup hot backups.

Should not publish IP addresses even locations of your witness nodes.

Witnesses should publish price feeds.

NeoReel:
There has been quite a few requests for a witness located near the North-East coast of the USA - Canada.
Please, consider voting for the witness "neoreel-1" located near Montreal, which is currently in position 98 with 50 million votes.
You can also connect to this worker using wss://relinked.com/ws

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version