Author Topic: [Witness Proposal] neoreel-1 - Montreal (East-Coast USA-Canada)  (Read 8267 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
Since this thread mentions "Witness Proposal", your post tells me I've made a mistake by creating a worker proposal. Doesn't a new Witness need to be voted in using an initial Worker Proposal?

The docs I've read state that you need to make a Worker Proposal to Propose for a Witness Node:
"Workers are the "catch all" group where if you have an idea for something that could improve the network."

Can you point out how I can solve this? Do I only need to set up a Full Node and run it? I thought I needed to be voted in...

Please enlighten me!
Thanks,

Anyone can run a full node and offer it to the public, but this is an unpaid/unrewarded role.

Anyone can register to become a witness, you need voted in before you become an active witness securing the network and earning rewards. http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/tutorials/index.html#witness-tutorials

No worker proposal is required to run full nodes nor witness roles.

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
  • BitShares: neoreel-1
Since this thread mentions "Witness Proposal", your post tells me I've made a mistake by creating a worker proposal. Doesn't a new Witness need to be voted in using an initial Worker Proposal?

The docs I've read state that you need to make a Worker Proposal to Propose for a Witness Node:
"Workers are the "catch all" group where if you have an idea for something that could improve the network."

Can you point out how I can solve this? Do I only need to set up a Full Node and run it? I thought I needed to be voted in...

Please enlighten me!
Thanks,

President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline R

• View Profile
Why a worker proposal? Not a witness?

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Well, the government is taking it seriously and is thinking about how to deal with it... It basically wants you to declare it as an income (and so you can also declare it as a loss), so you still have tax obligations. Nothing close to what's happening in China/Japan/Korea...

The AMF (Financial Authorities) are simply warning that it is "unsafe", volatile, and that you will not be protected. https://lautorite.qc.ca/en/general-public/investments/knowledgeable-investors/bitcoin-and-other-virtual-currencies/

The canadian government consider cryptos like an income or when used to pay for goods https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/payment/digital-currency.html

Having that said, running a witness node will not be illegal in any ways, but the BTS salary and expenses will have to be declared as such.
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline ecslew

You are welcome! Are there any legal issues involved in Canada!

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline ecslew

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
BitShares community members,
I would like to thank you all for this great community! I'm a long time lurker who now wants to get involved.
This is our Witness Proposal.

A little story about us:
We've been running an animation studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada since 2001. Through the years, we have developed several tools and projects revolving around the web and entertainment industry, notably the gaming and film industry (clients like Autodesk, Netflix, Lionsgate, etc).
Back in 2013, our computers were ideal for mining, so we started mining Protoshares! That was fun! Glad we could help out in the early days of BitShares.  :) We have been pushing for many cryptos ever since. In 2017, we embraced BitShares and became Lifetime Members so we could further boost this awesome cryptocurrency, tool and exchange.

How we want to improve the BitShares network:
In 2018, we want to run a steady BitShares Witness setup in the Montreal area, Quebec, Canada. This is crutial to us because we've noticed that Canadians can experience medium to high latency. The proposed new Canadian worker will help strengthen the BitShares network north of the USA.

Our servers:
 Full node API: Dedicated server 4 Cores, 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, SSD wss://relinked.com/ws
 Witness: 4 Cores, 2.4 GHz, 24 GB RAM, SSD
 Backup Witness: 4 Cores, 2.4 GHz, 24 GB RAM, SSD

Please vote!
We would greatly appreciate if you could vote for our Proposed Witness "neoreel-1"
Let's work together to see the BitShares network overcome Bitcoin!

This is a World Map overlayed with the Technological Density data. I circled the areas with Active BitShares Witnesses. Notice how a new Witness in Montreal, Canada would cover a large area that is currently experiencing lots of latency. Notably: New-York, Washington, Boston, Toronto, Detroit, etc.

Worker Proposal:
We have also created a Worker Proposal intended to sustain the BitShares Full Node if we don't get to become an active witness. You can vote for our Worker Proposal "NeoWorker - neoreel-1".

https://www.linkedin.com/in/neoreel/
or email me directly.
Original proposition http://neoreel.com/bitshares_e.html

Cheers,

Marc-André Guindon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:31:15 am by NeoReel »
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com