Author Topic: Can anyone explain who gets $US11 in fees on this withdrawal ??  (Read 1799 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
You used GDEX for payout. Have you checked their terms and conditions? Do they add a fee when processing a withdrawal?
In that respect, GDEX is simply a company using the BitShares platform to operate, they can basically do what they want.

You are right in the sense that BitShares offers very low fees, it got lost somewhere internally in GDEX, which does not belong to BitShares.
I agree that is sucks that that fees / the withdrawal process is not clearly written there, I had the same when withdrawing via Open Ledger.

Offline oreaapps

So I withdrew some ETH to another wallet.. 

1. Specifically I withdrew 1.861653 GDEX.ETH   ( about $us 2,200 at today's rate).
2.  I paid the fees in BTS (as you can see from the screenshot) - only about 12 cents in cost there..

All good so far --- the transaction can be seen on the Ethereum blockchain is : https://www.etherchain.org/tx/0d716ef16a30ca5e3874d5c876e61bdca1ddaefe9a3ac11e5024807bbb3a6237

3. And you can see there that the Ethereum network fee is just 0.00105 ETH | i.e.  $US1.19

4.However the amounts of ETH have changed !!    I withdrew 1.861653 ETH  however only 1.85265 made it to the ETH blockchain for transfer ....    So who took the 0.009 ETH ( about $11 in today's rate) ??

It is not Bitshares DEX ( their fees were paid in BTS ), also is not the ETH network fee ( shown in point 3 above ) ..

So who got it ??  I thought Bitshares DEX was supposed to be very low in fees ??  (  just that there are other fees as well, that nobody mentions ,  and who knows who is getting them ? )

WHY are these EXTRA FEES not declared anywhere ??