Author Topic: Can someone explain to me?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
OT: at least the default web wallet and public nodes are not behind cloudflare.. 8) although this forum still is

I do remember you. Hello!
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Interesting perspective, I assumed it was the node that was having trouble staying in sync.

It could also be that due to bad network conditions the wallet is erroneously interpreting that as the node not being in sync.

I run a NTP client, so clock is in sync.

Didn't mean to come off as demanding, it's frustration more than anything. I'll keep it unedited, they say expressing your emotions is good.

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
The time on your computer has somewhat of a bearing on whether or not your wallet thinks it is behind or out of sync.

3 second blocks doesn't give a lot of room for a margin of error.

Try and sync your node with an internet time clock. That has helped me.

While some of your concerns are valid concerns, you might want to come in with a slightly different "less demanding" attitude to get more participation in answering your questions.  Bitshares is decentralized.  It's community driven.  No one is your employee...

If you come at it with a different mindset of "let's get these problems fixed" you'll probably attract a lot more people to be interested.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Let's ignore the recent massive price drop, as it has no bearing on what I'm about to say.

Can someone explain to me, why the wallet is tracking all users and sending this data to openledger? https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25938.0.html

Can someone explain to me, why the screen is still blank on startup, while in the background TCP connections are being attempted, in the mean time leaving the interface in a completely unhelpful and unusable state? This will be the first contact many new users have with Bitshares - think they'll stay?

Can someone explain to me why the USD values displayed in the wallet are all different from each other? My total balance, open margin positions, sell value on the market page etc, all differ from each other, they do not add up.

Can someone explain to me, how can "MY ACTIVE NODE BE OUT OF SYNC" while at the same time having "NO BLOCKCHAIN CONNECTION" ?

Can someone explain to me, why even after setting a specific node to connect to, the wallet is still spraying & praying and trying to connect to nodes all over the world? (snitching to openledger in the process, see gripe #1)

We have (had? will have again?) hundreds of thousands of dollars available for development.

How is it possible that years later, this is still the state of the official wallet?