Author Topic: Help, cannot cancel order  (Read 3018 times)

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
  • BitShares: neoreel-1
An update to this. It's been 8h and I still could not cancel my order. This Zalupa thing is pissing me off because I have no choice.
I had to transfer myself some Bitcoins, which took a few hours to show up anyways, while I was asleep. Had to panic sold BTC to get some BTS and then I finally could cancel the order.

I've lost 3,000 BTS because of this.

This is no fun at all... :(
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:23:00 pm by NeoReel »
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Oh, come on... I've never asked to use this Zalupa thing, and now I'm stuck and I want to buy and I need to sleep... Argh!
Once this is cancelled, can I blacklist this Zalupa market or something? Am I the only one with this Zalupa problem? I don't even know why its Zalupa.... :(

I must add that I do have enough Zalupa in my account coming from past orders I guess...
My Portfolio reports that I have :
ZALUPA   QTY: 0.0822

When I cancel, it says:
CANCEL ORDER   
Order ID   1.7.53554665
Fee paying account   neoreel-1
Fee   0.0001 ZALUPA

Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Assert Exception: core_fee_paid <= fee_asset_dyn_data->fee_pool: Fee pool balance of '0.00009 BTS' is less than the 0.00010 BTS required to convert 0.0001 ZALUPA

So what I understand from this is that I'm not the one paying the cancel fees... But bankofamerica1488 is, and the Pool Balance is stating it has 0.00009 BTS...

Am I the only one? Why? Why me!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:01:30 am by NeoReel »
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Well, I have to admit that this problems comes back once every few transactions.. I've noticed that it doesn't have to do with the funds in the account, but only about the fee pool of this ZALUPA thing... As you have posted in your previous post, I think I should be able to choose the fee pool of my choice, but if I'm all-in and that I don't have other assets in my account, then we have a problem... (I was thinking I had only 2 types of assets in my account BTS and bitUSD, but the fees gave me some other things I don't want)

Anyways, I'm stuck again right now being all in without any other assets and I cannot cancel my order. You mentionned contacting the asset owner and asking to refill the pool? How should I do that?

I maintain that the fees should be taken before a Create Order and after a Cancel Order, which would solve my problem...

Thanks for your time! Much appreciated!
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Hello,

Thanks again for your reply.
After a bit of fiddling around, I've managed to cancel the order. As I visited my Dashboard in the BitShares Light app, I noticed I had tiny fractions of BTS in several unknown currency like ZAPULA, CHICOIN and a few others, along with some BitCNY and BitUSD. I didn't know some fees accumulated in those asset so I managed to sell some of those fractions in order to have enough BTS to cancel the order.
This behavior is quite obscur to me at this point. I was thinking that if you substract the fee prior to placing an order, that it should subtract the fee after the order was cancelled, instead of requiring the fee to be present in the account before cancelling...

Anyways, problem solved.

Cheers,
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Much appreciated!

Perhaps I should inform myself on what Zalupa actually is, or what a pool is... I think its the first time I see Zalupa, and prehaps I don't fully understand how/why the fee type and pool is always changing... Do you have a link to some documentation about this?

I cannot deposit BTS at this time... Perhaps going all-in in BitUSD should not have been allowed leaving at least a transaction fee in the account to prevent this kind of thing...

If I don't deposit BTS, am I bound to wait for that order to fill?

Thanks!
You can also use another asset that fee pool is not empty to pay the fee, e.g. bitUSD.

If you can't choose, here is the issue: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/1117
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:10:04 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Much appreciated!

Perhaps I should inform myself on what Zalupa actually is, or what a pool is... I think its the first time I see Zalupa, and prehaps I don't fully understand how/why the fee type and pool is always changing... Do you have a link to some documentation about this?

I cannot deposit BTS at this time... Perhaps going all-in in BitUSD should not have been allowed leaving at least a transaction fee in the account to prevent this kind of thing...

If I don't deposit BTS, am I bound to wait for that order to fill?

Thanks!
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Simplest way is to deposit some BTS to your account and pay fee with BTS.

Or you can ask the issuer of ZALUPA asset to fund the fee pool, but it may get emptied again since the core exchange rate is perhaps wrong.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline NeoReel

• Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
    • NeoReel
Hello,

I made an order yesterday and now I want to cancel it. Usually, it works great, but now, I get:
Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Assert Exception: core_fee_paid <= fee_asset_dyn_data->fee_pool: Fee pool balance of '0.00009 BTS' is less than the 0.00010 BTS required to convert 0.0001 ZALUPA

Why is that? is it a rounding error that will resove itself soon or is it because I have no more funds in the account beside the funds in the transaction?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
President - NeoReel.com
CTO- MoClip.com
CEO- Relinked.com